Wierd Capt / FO / FE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmm, I wonder...

Back in the mid-nineties I flew for COEX for a few years and even though I was EWR based I did do a little flying out of IAH. Was 3cup IAH based then and is he still at XJET/COEX??

Thx,

dane

We had this F/E on the Electra that would rest his penis on the rudder trim wheel. (He sat between and behind the pilots facing forward)

When the capt or f/o would reach back to trip the airplane, they would get a handful of his crank instead.

FreightGod said:
We had this F/E on the Electra that would rest his penis on the rudder trim wheel. (He sat between and behind the pilots facing forward)

When the capt or f/o would reach back to trip the airplane, they would get a handful of his crank instead.
- How quickly did you let go??

FreightGod said:

Don't get drunk, and pass out when that dude's around!!!:eek:

TonyC said:
How about, "Draw a line down the middle of the cockpit. Everything on my side is mine, and everything on your side is mine, too. Don't touch anything unless you ask first."

I've heard about that guy. Wasn't he the one who would turn the checklist 90 degrees when he was ready to talk to you?

FastCargo

Okay, I've posted this in another thread, but it bears repeating...especially in regards to the F/O.

I don't tend to look badly at people who love aviation (aviation hobbies, pictures of planes, flight simulators, etc)...we all have things we are passionate about.

I also don't mind people who stroke their own egos (personalized license plates come to mind). It's not like most guys don't want the hot chick, fast car, big truck, money, or some other thing to inflate their self image.

Even complete uniforms in non-airport locations are okay (ie to and from the airport, like getting a lunch before going to work). However, if you are going to wear the uniform, you should (with maybe the exception of the hat) either wear it correctly or don't bother. A guy with the pants, belt, shirt, but no epalets or tie looks like...a dude with some sort of incomplete uniform. Think about it...how many non-job associated button up shirts have epalets? And no, I don't point that out to people...just a personal standard I set for myself.

Loser pilot I've flown with? I've been pretty happy with everyone I've flown with.

With one (okay 2) exceptions...a married couple. She's a captain and he's an F/O, thank god they've left the DC-10 and are now in the Airbus.

She did SO many things non-standard, not unsafe, but non-standard...and would get pissed at me if I attempted to do the 'standard' thing. Oh, I'm sorry, I couldn't do it your way because YOU DIDN'T BRIEF ME (wait, maybe you couldn't because by the time you briefed me on EVERYTHING you do non-standard, we'd have already landed)!

He tended to know what was going on...right up until a second item would intrude...then HE couldn't keep up. Arrivals and departures were fun with this guy...100% saturated at rotation. Also, he had a fetish against plastic water bottles. He actually threatened my career because I would 'flex' water bottles unintentionally ('crack, crack'). Okay, yes I knew he couldn't actually do anything, but get a grip dude!

That one trip (which is usually a nice week long trip) was a nightmare. It is the ONLY time since I have been with the company I SERIOUSLY considered going sick in the middle of a trip. I also made a notation that if I was ever assigned a trip with either one of them, that I would drop, go sick, or something. They're both pretty senior though, so I suspect I'll never fly with them again.

I thought maybe it was just me until I was chatting with my crashpad roomie and all I mentioned was about flying with a DC-10 couple that i didn't enjoy. Before I proceeded any farther, he guessed the couple's name...because he had a similar experience with them.

Okay, I feel better having vented...rant over.

FastCargo

TNPILOT said:
We have a captain who takes his Playstation with him on overnights.

So, what's wrong with that? (Besides the fact that the hotel's TV front video jacks may not work)!

I figure it's no worse than dragging a book or a laptop along (though at least with a laptop you can get work done).

FastCargo

What about the professional FO's, there's the I need a big sticker of the call sign in front of me and don't forget the sticky arrows or highlighter on the charts so I know where I'm at, and beware of people that wear ballcaps.:rolleyes:

SAO

Latest resources

Back