• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wierd Capt / FO / FE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has anyone heard about the "Ice Cream Man" at Mesaba?

Dear Mr. Parker:

First, I must apologize for changing the subject of your post.

Now then, as you are now the head of an international airline don't you think it would be most embarrassing if one of your regional partners used a CRJ to create a smoking crater somewhere in the western U.S.? Don't you think it's time that Mr. Orenstein and Mr. Lotz started treating their employees like professionals? Don't you think that their pilots deserve adequate rest? Don't you think it's UNSAFE TO HAVE PILOTS SLEEPING ON AIRPLANES AND IN AIRPORT TERMINALS "IN FRONT OF PAYING PASSENGERS" JUST TO SAVE A COUPLE HUNDERD DOLLARS ON HOTEL ROOMS!?!?!?!

It’s only a matter of time before the media gets hold of this unwise, unsafe business practice and passengers begin BOYCOTTING America West/US Air Express and choosing alternative airlines to fly on. Airlines that don't schedule pilots to sleep on airplanes. Airlines that don't USE REDUCED REST REQUIREMENTS AS A SCHEDULING GOAL. Airlines that treat their pilots like assets and the professionals they are, not some liability that must be endured for the sake of doing business.

I urge you to "convince" Mr. Orenstein and Mr. Lotz that their business practice is folly before YOU are the one who has to answer for their UNSAFE SCHEDULING PRACTICES.

Thank you for your time Mr. Parker.

Need I remind you who it was that accepted the job at Mesa ??

It won't matter for long as we slowly bring all jet flying back to mainline..................

By the way, are you the "Hamster Man" referred to in the previous posts ???

Yeah, your right. I've made my own bed, now I have to sleep in it...even though someone else dropped a log between the sheets. Should have gone to a company that doesnt do everything half-a$$ed and depends on every other company in the industry to help them out. If it wasn't for mechanics who violate OSHA mandates because we begged and pleaded, and other airlines who understand why they should own an airstart cart at an outstation our performance would have cost us several contracts by now. They won't even let you run the ramp because you will cost too much, even though on-time #'s would probably go up. This past summer is a perfect example...check out those August #'s, it's amazing wht happens when people would rather walk off the job than be strong-armed and forced into working double shifts or loose their job anyway, all because we can't keep the ramp staffed during the summer. When you take care of your people they wil take care of the company.

What's with that 0900 bank anyway. I love taxiing for 45+ minutes because your scheduling people think it's physically possible to launch 150 departures in 60 minutes...and that doesn't include WN's departures. I'm sure ATC appreciates the business as well. At least there' no place to park because the gates are all full.

You're just teasing us by saying all the jet flying wil go back to mainline. RJ's don't belong on 1,000 mile legs. What's "regional" about that? PAX don't like them, they can't even buy a meal for $5, and we can't t/o with a full load in the summer. Why have an 86 seat a/c that can only haul 70 PAX?

Sorry, I'm not the hamster guy...I already carry my gom, 2 cfms, and 4 binders of plates; I just can't find room for the pvc pipe in my flight bag. . .

Anyone every fly with Capt. W.O.W at Delta? He would inform his crew that he must be called "captain WOW"... there was an article in the Wall Street Jounral about him several years ago.. it is worth a post if someone can find it.

3 Cups also thinks that 401K plans are a government conspiracy to gain access to all your money.

We also have the short guy who wears fingerless gloves (the kind with mesh backs and padded pleather palms) but only for landings.

Had one captain (he was actually pretty cool) that on particular overnight gets pissed in the hotel bar and in front of me and the FA starts talking crap to some old man who made a "pass" at the FA. During the shouting match that ensues the CA says..."You know what, you're right we don't need to take this outside. Why don't we just tie our dicks together and have a tug-of-war and whoever cries first is the loser." The FA said "Okay, on that note I think it's time for everyone to turn in."

That crazy fucker flies for Alaska now.

3 cup

So "3 cup" is his name now huh? He was in my new hire class when I was at COEX. We used to call him "Ran-dy Wat-son!" If anyone remembers that line from the movie Coming to America with Eddie Murphy during the assembly. He absolutely hates it!

Just saw him a couple of months ago and said "Hey Randy" and I thought he was going to explode.

I like 3 cup alot better, that is absolutely hilarious. I do feel bad about the LIT incident but he was 3 cup bound way before that.

A1FlyBoy said:
Anyone every fly with Capt. W.O.W at Delta? He would inform his crew that he must be called "captain WOW"... there was an article in the Wall Street Jounral about him several years ago.. it is worth a post if someone can find it.

I remember that guy. Here's the back story.

December 1 -- Indications of turbulence. [SIZE=+0] An arbitrator has awarded veteran captain Wayne O. W---ter, "known by his initials as 'Captain WOW,'" partial back pay in his protracted dispute with Delta Air Lines. "The Atlanta-based carrier had removed him from duty and questioned his mental fitness to fly after he got into an argument with his co-pilot and flight engineer in the cockpit. That incident followed his arrest and commitment to a psychiatric hospital after he was accused of threatening his wife....His case was the subject of a page-one article in The Wall Street Journal in 1996, highlighting the difficulties airlines and regulators face in determining when a pilot's mental state is grounds for removing him from duty." Eventually Capt. Wit--r won a battle with the Federal Aviation Administration to get back his medical certificate, but too late to resume flying Delta passengers, since he's now past the FAA's age limit of 60 for commercial pilots. (Martha Brannigan, "Grounded Delta Pilot Wins Back Pay Following Dispute Over Mental Fitness", Wall Street Journal Interactive Edition, Nov. 19 (online subscription required)).[/SIZE]

Latest resources

Back