• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wierd Capt / FO / FE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Used to tip a few with John Lear down at Skytrails in VNY. This was obviously before he stopped drinking, which probably saved his life. Very funny guy. Used to write an article for one of the early flying magazines. One of the characters often mentioned in his story line was a guy named Fay Racy. You can guess who he was refering to if you have been around VNY for long. The best story written was about him trying to extend the range of a Lear by drafting behind a B747 from HNL to VNY. So funny you would have tears in your eyes before you were half way through.

When his father died he called a another mutual friend and said, "Ive got some bad news and some really bad news." The friend asked what the bad news was? He says, You were not in my dads will". So the guy says what was the "really bad news?" He shoots back, "Neither was I." Very funny guy indeed.

kaisersose said:
She is retired now. Former man (surgery). Former Vietnam F-4 pilot from what I've been told. There is a funny story about a time when she was trying to get the attention of a ramper from the cockpit. She delicately said hello out the window a few times in a feminine voice but eventually yelled HEY in a deep raspy man voice just about knocking the ramper over with her breath.

Funny Stuff, she scared the hell out of me and I did not even hear her voice! I'm sure she made every Capt.'s day when they got to work and saw her! People must have avoided flying with her.

Latest resources

Back