• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

glasspilot

I just noticed that SkyDan5's thread where he was selling recommendations got locked. My question to the moderators is simple...WHY?

I know he got embarrassed and was talking about getting the thread taken off the boards, but so what. Lot's of people say dumb things and have to answer or explain them. This thread would have come down to "I believe this and you believe that", but the discussion would have been thought provoking and that's the point of this board.

Just because the author of a thread posts and then changes his mind shouldn't be grounds for terminating the thread. No one was being harassed, threatened or bullied. No religious, racist, or feminist comments were being uttered. It was an adult conversation about a topic that polarized. Exactly what these boards are for.

I say unlock the thread and if SkyDan5 has a problem with that then he should be more careful in what he posts in the future. Despite the fact that he never owned up to any guilt, I have a feeling that he'll think twice before pulling another scheme / scam like this again on these boards.

Last edited:
While I agree that the post was indeed thought provoking, I don't think a continual litany against the guy is appropriate. Sure, it was kind of a stupid thread and proposition, and he certainly made his own bed to lay in, but enough's enough. He learned his lesson and more. IMO

SkyDan is the biggest tool on FI, and that is saying a lot. He is an absolute disgrace to the Flexjet pilot group. I read the thread and assumed it was a joke. How could anyone seriously solicit folks on FI for their resumes and offer their recs? Also, why is a 6 month FO doing this?

You'd have to be nuts or really unqualified to think that sending SkyDan your resume would be the way to get a job. UPS would can any pilot trying the same stunt and I bet most other airlines would not look favorably on it either.

I realized that posting the thread was a bad idea. Definately a mistake on my part. I didn't see a problem with it at first since I was cleared to do it by HR. My bad that I didn't wait for the company to validate the idea in writing. Bottom line....I agree that it was a bad idea to begin with and regret getting involved.

Wow Dan! You're getting really close to taking ownership of the problem.

If you had just left out, "since I was cleared to do it by HR" then we would have been finished with your therapy.

Even if someone in HR said it's okay (which I doubt they did as you now claim you wish you had it in writing...alluding that you want us to believe they are only now changing their mind, which is not likely) you should have had the moral fiber to know right from wrong in the first place.

It's okay. I still think you're getting close to an ethical mile stone.

Fly safe.

You guys are so tough behind your keyboards. What's the diff between what he is doing, and the people soliciting in the employment openings section? So, he's getting a little kick back from the company. It is extra work, so he should.

I think he's had enough... lets go back to picking on net jets instead of one of our own

Maybe he needs a raise?????!!!!!!...

I just noticed that SkyDan5's thread where he was selling recommendations got locked. My question to the moderators is simple...WHY?

I know he got embarrassed and was talking about getting the thread taken off the boards, but so what. Lot's of people say dumb things and have to answer or explain them. This thread would have come down to "I believe this and you believe that", but the discussion would have been thought provoking and that's the point of this board.

Just because the author of a thread posts and then changes his mind shouldn't be grounds for terminating the thread. No one was being harassed, threatened or bullied. No religious, racist, or feminist comments were being uttered. It was an adult conversation about a topic that polarized. Exactly what these boards are for.

I say unlock the thread and if SkyDan5 has a problem with that then he should be more careful in what he posts in the future. Despite the fact that he never owned up to any guilt, I have a feeling that he'll think twice before pulling another scheme / scam like this again on these boards.

Glasspilot,

This is BS! You said....

Despite the fact that he never owned up to any guilt, I have a feeling that he'll think twice before pulling another scheme / scam like this again on these boards.
I did take ownership and stated the facts honestly. This isn't a scheme or scam! I stated the facts in my previous posts on both threads. The whole world doesn't need to know the drama. If you don't buy it, I could care less and I don't respect you as a Post'r (notice I'm not personally attacking you like you have me, repeatedly, eventhough you don't know me).

You do not fly for Flexjet, so I don't know why you keep on keeping on. I PM’d the following to the Flexjet guys who have replied to the thread. Again, here's the taking ownership part....
Gents....

I didn't have any bad intentions here and I've only been trying to respond honestly to the replies. But, I have to admit I am very regretful for starting the post without written support from the company and without Karen defining the guidelines for recommendations with everyone else <Flexjet Pilots>. I have withdrawn the post and I have no intentions of ever doing this again on the board.

In spite of how Karen defines a recommendation, I am not agreeing to it anymore and not posting anything else relating to the topic.

The reaction that this has caused is unbecoming of who I am. Seriously, I feel like sh*t!!

BTW, I asked the moderator to wipe the post clean. So far it has only been locked, but I'll try to get it removed all together.
I think I have been very factual and straight forward. SO....Can we move on now and stop pouring gas on the flame? Certainly, there are other topics of interest on the board.

Last edited:
Fine SkyDan5.

I would still like to know from the moderator why this particular thread got locked. I don't remember anything like it in the past where a poster had second thought and got a thread erased or locked.

To that matter, it seems as if FI wants people to be stuck with their posts by the way you are unable to edit or delete your own posts. So why is this thread special?

I'm really curious what's different here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back