Why we are victims of the oil industry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
turbodriver said:
No one has blamed them for one reason, we were not at peak oil when Kennedy or Clinton was in office. Kerry isn't a factor so I don't know why you brought him up. Fuel also didn't spike 100% in a year under Clinton either. So I'll admit, no one was worried about it. Gore did advocate research into alternative energy sources but look where it got him. Greedy Americans want their hot rods that get 10 MPG and 300+ horseys. That's why we're in this boat now.

yes I agree its our own demand for gas that has caused much of this. People think they have some god given right to some of the cheapest gas in the world, to drive as big of vehicle as possible and not ever thinking about that all that demand and wasting of gas does.

Why did I bring them up? Because people use this as an political issue to bash Bush, when the president, no matter who it is, or what party, has no control over world production, wholesale gas prices, or energy futures. Kerry is a powerful Senator, as is Clinton. They are influential people in the governent too, with the power to author bills. What bills have they authored? The president does not author bills and legistation.

About the only thing the federal government can do on its own, its to encourage conservation, and encourage increased production. As soon as you start getting a healthy gap in the oil production capacity, the price of crude comes down a lot.

Latest resources

Back