Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why some jetBlue pilots post such extreme negativity.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Got it! Lots of arrows flying around did not realize that one was shot from the bleachers. I agree with your last sentence. Living in base is a lot different than commuting to JFK and sitting reserve with the hope of moving onto another gig in the future. Hope it works out for everyone in this wacky industry.

Last edited:
Smarta$$ I'm glad you enjoy it at jetblue. I don't see extreme negativity on this board as you point out as much as I see guys giving some opinions and the straight poop. Listen its all about perspective. If you come from a Walmart then an airline job of any kind is fantastic. If you come from a legacy then maybe jetblue isn't that amazing. I say tell it like it is, and let others choose based on facts. Let them look at your resume there under your avatar and I assume thats accurate, let them look at others and then make a fair and balanced choice. My spin is work rules and pay isn't all that bad at the "blue" its health care and long term retirement that is lacking. I'm not a spring chicken, my parachute is packed. I am glad I got good advice from more senior guys when I was young and felt retirement would never happen and I would never get hurt or need any short/long term disability.

After spending the day in the ER with my sick son it became clear he was going to be okay. My first thought after that? "Thank God I don't have to depend on jetBlue insurance."

That sums it all up for me.

At least the previous job didn't try to shove some bull******************** five values down my throat.

I hate to blow your cover to the world, but you 10 or so extremists are exaggerating the problems we have and making things sound far worse than they are as a strategy to starve jetBlue of new hire\applicants (not working) and embarrass current jetBlue pilots into voting a union (which is coincidentally the main prescription you all cite to fix what ails us).

You all want a union, I get it. I have always leaned that way, but if things were even CLOSE to as bad as you pretend they are, YOU would quit, I would QUIT, the union votes of past would have passed easily.

But alas, you haven't quit.

We have things to address, especially healthcare. But you are engaged in a strategy of starving the beast and embarrassing pilots into voting the way you want. It is too dishonest and too extreme.

You pretend like every problem will be fixed with a union. You pretend like all these union airlines have had a great run, and that they are happy.

I have met THOUSANDS of miserable legacy pilots over the years, all union. They have significant problems, just different ones. I recognize that for all the problems they have had, they have maintained better benefits, but often NOT better pay. Sometimes yes, often NO.

At the end of the day, I will likely vote for a union. But at least I won't be diluding myself and others that we won't still have problems, lose some of the jetBlue that WE enjoy, likely create some new problems we didn't anticipate, but we will probably have better benefits...

But you will still be miserable, that much I guarantee.

To those reading these forums and trying to decide about jetBlue. Read every opinion. They all have something to contribute. I love my job at jetBlue and see a good future here. A union vote will eventually pass here, but if it doesn't, it will be because things are still good enough, despite having terrible healthcare coverage and some other holes in our benefits.

But understand that there are about 10 guys on here that are engaging in a strategy to make it seem FAR worse than it really is, in a concerted effort to starve the company of new applicants, new hires, and to embarrass current JB pilots into voting union. They want a union no matter what, and will tell you that a union here will be perfect, will fix everything that ails us, will create no new problems for us, and that everything at other union majors is so perfect, and they are all so happy with their careers.
nice touch, couldn't have thought I would see something like this

After spending the day in the ER with my sick son it became clear he was going to be okay. My first thought after that? "Thank God I don't have to depend on jetBlue insurance."

That sums it all up for me.

At least the previous job didn't try to shove some bull******************** five values down my throat.

Getting married in August, debating whether I opt out of jetblue health insurance on my wedding night or the morning after....

I hate to blow your cover to the world, but you 10 or so extremists are exaggerating the problems we have and making things sound far worse than they are as a strategy to starve jetBlue of new hire\applicants (not working) and embarrass current jetBlue pilots into voting a union (which is coincidentally the main prescription you all cite to fix what ails us).

You all want a union, I get it. I have always leaned that way, but if things were even CLOSE to as bad as you pretend they are, YOU would quit, I would QUIT, the union votes of past would have passed easily.

We have things to address, especially healthcare. But you are engaged in a strategy of starving the beast and embarrassing pilots into voting the way you want. It is too dishonest and too extreme.

You pretend like every problem will be fixed with a union. You pretend like all these union airlines have had a great run, and that they are happy.

I have met THOUSANDS of miserable legacy pilots over the years, all union. They have significant problems, just different ones. I recognize that for all the problems they have had, they have maintained better benefits, but often NOT better pay. Sometimes yes, often NO.

At the end of the day, I will likely vote for a union. But at least I won't be diluding myself and others that we won't still have problems, lose some of the jetBlue that WE enjoy, likely create some new problems we didn't anticipate, but we will probably have better benefits...

To those reading these forums and trying to decide about jetBlue. Read every opinion. They all have something to contribute. I love my job at jetBlue and see a good future here. A union vote will eventually pass here, but if it doesn't, it will be because things are still good enough, despite having terrible healthcare coverage and some other holes in our benefits.

But understand that there are about 10 guys on here that are engaging in a strategy to make it seem FAR worse than it really is, in a concerted effort to starve the company of new applicants, new hires, and to embarrass current JB pilots into voting union. They want a union no matter what, and will tell you that a union here will be perfect, will fix everything that ails us, will create no new problems for us, and that everything at other union majors is so perfect, and they are all so happy with their careers.

If it's only 10 pro-union extremists here on FI, then why do you care? There are that many at every company.
If prospective new-hires are not smart enough to talk extensively with current B6 pilots about the real experience before taking a job (versus getting all of their info on FI), then let them figure it out.

You're a no voter, we get it. The problems you talk of have been fixed through the collective bargaining process at other carriers.. Ask yourself, DL, HA, and UAL now have better pay rates and benefits. Alaska is in contract negotiations and already have better benefits. What do all these carriers have in common? How did they improve their pay and benefits?

The grass is always greener...........

Indeed....

that 325% increase in my health insurance deductible is quite colorful....:rolleyes:

But 1193 dopes love it.

I believe the threat of the union is more effective than the union itself. I do an in-house union. If ALPA is voted in, I believe things will get worse, not better... but hey, what do I know?

Latest resources

Back