Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why some jetBlue pilots post such extreme negativity.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This thread is hopeless "perfect" pilots that profess that life at blue is splendid yet both state that they are yes votes yet both believe that the first time anybody screws up that they deserve to get canned based on the subjectivity of of someone they dont know, never meet, based on unknown criteria that can change at the drop of a hat, and all the while feeling it is completely justifiable to have to spend 6 figures to fight for your job while in the middle of losing a six figure job..

You still haven't addressed anything I said.

Nobody else without a union has a 'defined process'. Why aren't there millions of mass firings a day by managers that 'don't like them'? It just doesn't happen in the real world. Most airline pilots have never been in the real world, so they don't know how most of the time job performance is based on competency, skill, and attitude and not how long you've been there.

This isnt about the player it about the game.. It needs to be defined there needs to be a process. Why have professional standards represent you at a hearing if the company and their marketing department consultants have decided that you are going bye bye regardless. Why tell you that you are fired if you dont show up, fired if you try to bring in an attorney with you, and then tell you that you are fired anyways..

Thats pretty f-ucked up

So? It's all about you? Even though you are the one that f-cked up and put the company in the position of millions of dollars in lawsuits/judgements? This is what it means to be a pilot. This is what it means to have the job that we have. If we f-ck up, people can die and lawsuits happen. This is how it is. If you don't like it, you should be sitting in a cubicle crunching numbers.

I have 15,000 hours have 7 type ratings was a part 91 captain on a beechjet at 22 years old and have flown all over the world from pilatus porters in south america to falcons in the swiss alps to the left seat at blue.. I have never bent a plane or had an event with the exception of a couple altitude busts or a missed crossing restriction. I am also realistic and I know that there is a high likelihood that at some point i may or will screw up. I flown redeye turns and walked into the cockpit wide awake and rested only to find myself slapping myself on the face on final to make sure that i am alert.

You want to get into a d-ck measuring contest? I could care less about your 'experience.' Mine is probably a bit more than you see on my profile, because I am too lazy to update it. There is a big difference between myself and most pilots, though. I have actual life experience in the real world, and I've seen what it's like. I worked, (albeit for a short time), outside of aviation. This is precisely why I harbor disdain for most pilots. All they ever do is bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch.......NOBODY knows how good they've got it. NOBODY.

When you were that 22 year old Beechjet captain, did you have a 'defined process'? If you were part 91, I'm betting you didn't. Did you get fired because the boss one day decided he didn't like you?

Oh and by the way, my first left seat was at 25 in a Citation. I've done pretty much everything you claim you have done, from crossing the pond in a small jet, Central and South America as a PIC, generally all over the world. I haven't been in the left seat at Jetblue. If you're expecting me to be wowed by your amazingness, there is little to any that you have done that I haven't. So I'm not.

Listen man things happen to me to YOU anybody no matter how perfect they think they are. You are NOT PERFECT contrary to what i read in your responses. You or i screw up we may just deserve to ultimately be fired BUT BUT BUT there is a defind process we need to follow PERIOD..

I never claimed to be perfect. Now you're just making stuff up. Nowhere did I say that. But I don't claim that if I f-ck up severely and put the company in a liability/lawsuit position by endangering passengers that I should keep my job. You never did answer my question: What is the threshold? Bending metal? Killing people? What is it?

Regardless of what happended this man should have been removed with pay for 30 days. He should have had an opportunity to get consul, consult and meet with standards, see a statemnt from the company regarding the claims against him and then be given at least 2 proceedings where everyone can present their side of the case, discover the facts, and present their findings. Its called due process.

Depends on the situation. Have you ever been in management? Have you ever been a chief pilot? I have. Sometimes situations are cut-and-dry. Guy fails a drug test......fired. Guy fails an alcohol test......fired. Guy shows up to work wearing only a jockstrap and hits on the boss's wife......fired. Due processs/shmue process. Like it or not, sometimes it's not necessary. Why should you go through a bunch of BS when the situation is THAT cut-and-dry? If a manager feels like that is the case, and there is NO CHANCE of reproach, then they can make that call and save the time and expense.

Don't like it? Become a manager. That's how things are done. If this guy was indeed fired, then management feels like he screwed up bad enough to where there will be no reproach. They wouldn't do it otherwise because they would be afraid of retribution, which would incur an enormous expense in both time and money.

Of course, as I stated earlier, I'm hearing that the guy may not, in fact, be fired at all. He's still in the email system. He's still in CASS. If he is fired, and he is in CASS, then JetBlue is in a MAJOR violation of the rules it and is putting the company's CASS status in serious jeopardy.

All this may just be bull$hit started by the 'burn the place down' guys, anyway.

This man may have deserved to be fired neither you nor I know for sure but the bottom line for the sake of you, me, and every pilot here all the facts needs to be presented in an organized process.

That is NOT always true, as I stated earlier.

Im not trying to argue with you. Im just trying to get you to take the ME ME ME out of this discussion and look at it from an US perspective. That perspective only comes with maturity and experience.

I love it when senior captains invoke the 'US' argument. It is perhaps the most disengenuous thing in the history of planet Earth. It makes me want to puke.

To pretty much every senior captain I've ever met, terms like 'unity' and 'us' seem to apply only when it benefits THEM. By their logic, we should all be banding together so they can get a raise. The minute you ask one to give something up to maybe throw the junior guys a bone, they change their tune. Just look at what is going on RIGHT NOW on bluepilots. There is a huge discussion on the latest FSM change vote about the windows. Senior guys SCREAMING about how a junior guy might actually get awarded a decent trip or two out of like 1000 trips in a month.

F-cking greedy f-cks. Why in the hell do you think we're not voting on the PVC's proposed vacation bidding change? Greedy senior a$$hole captains are blocking it. I just flew with a guy on the PVC. As if the motherf-ckers taking 7 weeks of vacation over the summer and every single holiday isn't enough. Jesus.

Senior airline captains are the greediest, most pathetic, most self-serving pieces of $hit I have ever seen in my life, so you can imagine my absolute disgust when one of them starts preaching to me about 'us us us'. How about a little bit of leading by example, instead of expecting us to capitulate to every one of your demands?

My maturity and experience is far beyond pretty much any senior captain. Why? Because I advocate personal responsibility, pride in your work, and I know that actions have consequences. Welcome to real life. I'm not running around disengenuously demanding unity from the people I'm trying to stomp on. Senior Baby Boomer captains, for some reason, think that junior pilots should be looking up to and emulating them. If I emulated most senior captains I've met/flown with, I'd be an embittered old twat that is divorced 2 or 3 times, in massive debt, kids spread all over the place, and unable to make ends meet on $200K a year while hating my job, life, and demanding that the world take care of me instead of taking care of myself.

I'll pass, thanks.

Are you like that? I don't know. I've never met you. I'm not accusing you of that. But I still find the mentality you are advocating wrong. I was raised to take responsibility for my actions, and to not expect everyone else to bend over to accomodate me. If I get fired tomorrow, so be it. I'll find another job. I'll find another career field. But if I fall asleep, overfly a destination while going NORDO, and endanger public lives as well as my company's reputation, I'm not going to argue that I shouldn't get what's coming to me.

Last edited:
Actually, from what I'm reading, neither the captain nor the FO has been fired. At least not yet.

Fellow pilots,
JFK Captain XXXXXXX has been terminated for an incident that occurred a few months ago. Many of us feel that this termination was unwarranted and the company did not follow the dispute resolution process that was introduced as a part of the 'five documents'.

XXXX, his wife and five children are coping as well as could be expected during this difficult period. Many of you may know XXXXX from his time as an Airbus instructor in Miami or from flying with him on the E190 or A320 in JFK. XXXXX is well respected by many in our pilot group and we humbly request that you show support for our fellow pilot during this time of need.

Donations can be made via paypal using the following email address:

This Happens when you work without protection.

Fellow pilots,
JFK Captain XXXXXXX has been terminated for an incident that occurred a few months ago. Many of us feel that this termination was unwarranted and the company did not follow the dispute resolution process that was introduced as a part of the 'five documents'.

XXXX, his wife and five children are coping as well as could be expected during this difficult period. Many of you may know XXXXX from his time as an Airbus instructor in Miami or from flying with him on the E190 or A320 in JFK. XXXXX is well respected by many in our pilot group and we humbly request that you show support for our fellow pilot during this time of need.

What about the F/O?

Fellow pilots,

Dude, that is on Bluepilots. There is more bull$hit on Bluepilots then in Congress.

Oh yeah, American is also buying us next week (for the 2000th time). It says so on Bluepilots.

Look at CASS. If he's there, he's not fired. If he's not there, he's fired. I don't get my 'facts' from Bluepilots.

What about the F/O?

Good question. Thank you for asking. The FO wasn't terminated. He had to sit some time out without pay. I know the CA was a pro-union guy but I do not know if the FO was or not. The last 3 pilots terminated were pro-union, 2 were on the OC. Clayton was not pro-union. He was not terminated.

Cartoon boy has a classic case of Captain-itis. For the record skippy the FO was the one asleep and he still has a job. Quit making stupid statements.
Just keep making $hit up, moron. Keep looking dumber. Every time you do it you amaze me more.

So the FO was asleep, and the captain just sat there with his thumb up his @ss, overflew the destination, and went NORDO while being wide awake?

Really?

Was it a magical pixie fairy that fired him too?

Last edited:
Just keep making $hit up, moron. Keep looking dumber. Every time you do it you amaze me more.

Was it a magical pixie fairy that fired him too?

Captain Cartoon Boy, it's sad sacks like you that jump on the bandwagon saying one of your own should be fired. People like you have lowered the bar to what the profession is today, take a risk and support your fellow pilot!

Latest resources

Back