Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why some jetBlue pilots post such extreme negativity.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you think they deserved to get their jobs back?

Hey skippy, just read a buddies post on BP. He's out on medical and had a procedure done last year that cost him $2400. They had to repeat the procedure this week and it cost him $4800 for the same exact thing! Welcome to suck!

Northwest captain and fo fired for falling asleep and overflying their destination. Both alpa.

So just as I thought. Not fired for an asap report.

You guys are way too much. You will say and spin anything to get your way.

Wait... what? It was the ASAP report that is the problem here. You really are not aware of what you are speaking about.

Wait... what? It was the ASAP report that is the problem here. You really are not aware of what you are speaking about.

Don't confuse the issue. It was said on here that someone was fired for filing an asap. Obviously not true.

The NW pilots did not get there jobs back.

Hey skippy, just read a buddies post on BP. He's out on medical and had a procedure done last year that cost him $2400. They had to repeat the procedure this week and it cost him $4800 for the same exact thing! Welcome to suck!

Do you not f-cking understand ENGLISH???

PLEASE point out where on this thread where I have disagreed with you about the health insurance sucking.

No wonder you are all duped by management so easily. None of you can COMPREHEND YOUR NATIVE F-CKING LANGUAGE.

Not my place to judge. They followed a defined process and were found to be competent to continue as professional aviators. As for JetBlue terminations I am only familiar with about half of them. Clearly there are cases that will win wrongful termination suits. One from several years back received several million dollars.

Not your place to judge???? Are you or are you not a 'professional' aviator?

It's a simple question that you should be more than qualified to answer.

Don't confuse the issue. It was said on here that someone was fired for filing an asap. Obviously not true.

The NW pilots did not get there jobs back.

Actually, the capt retired the fo is flying the line from what i understood.

Capt V if it happened to you and you otherwise had a stellar record with no accidents, incidents, or violations and ended up landing the plane safely with no injury would you deserve to get fired?

I am assuming that you think he should have been fired period.. What if it's you? What if you had the onset of the flu yet didnt show symptoms and as a result didnt know you were sick yet your body was just run down.

Do you suggest calling fatigue and cancelling a flight if the hotel was noisy the nigfht before or you didnt get a perfect nights sleep? Then again how often do any of us get a perfect nights sleep. Lets say you do call fatigue but its your 5th call this year. What then sit down? Firing? PG ? What if there is another medical problem? What if the FO was pressured to change his ASAP ( stated with emphasis ) and it now contradicts your report.

What if your chief pilot didnt like you because you have five kids and the chief shoots blanks and they found our their russian adoption was just cancelled and while in a bad mood tells the vp of flt ops that you are lying and recommends termination.. ( just a theoretical )

The issue here is that there is no process.. It works fine until its you..

Me it scares the hell out of me.. If and when i screw up ( and we all will in some way ) am i going to be able to go to the chief tell him i f'ed up and self disclose and file an asap?? Will it be over at that point? Will the chief have a hardon for me because i got a $150,000 3A Arbitration payout and based on management directive recommend me for termination? Do i skip the asap and just file a nasa?

What about if i show up for work and i am taxiing out and discover I have an expired medical? Will i get fired? What if a chief pilot does it?

With no due process and no following of the DRM we allhave very very serious problems ahead that in my opinion puts this entire airline in jeopardy

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back