• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why is SKYBUS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
156 seats? So does that extra 6 seats require one extra flight attendant? You would think that would not be worth it.

6 seats at $10 each more than pays for a $9/hr flight attendant with no per diem.

Pathetic.

Sorry guys, but reducing long-distance routes due to rising fuel prices isn't a sign of bad business nor weakness; it's quite the contrary.
If they are not making their profit margin due to increased fuel burn, then they simply reallocate those aircraft to shorter routes that will yield higher profit. It's actually good business and will continue to strengthen their company, rather than operate at a loss like many of the larger airlines do.

I think it depends on how the investors see it. 1. It is good business sense to cut the routes that aren't working; or 2. We expect to lose money during a startup but still decide to cut routes. How much were these routes part of there original business plan?

Sorry guys, but reducing long-distance routes due to rising fuel prices isn't a sign of bad business nor weakness; it's quite the contrary.
If they are not making their profit margin due to increased fuel burn, then they simply reallocate those aircraft to shorter routes that will yield higher profit. It's actually good business and will continue to strengthen their company, rather than operate at a loss like many of the larger airlines do.

They have reduced their capacity on transcons because they are going to offer 20 seats at $5 each and then raise the sodas to $3 each to offset the short term loss.

The fa's are being dropped to the concessionary rate of $ 6.50 per hr due to sales quota shortfalls.

They are going to rebrand the company and issue the pilots new uniforms.. The pilots are told to buy a 3 ounce bottle of bleach on the plane for $1.99 and soak their uniforms in the hotel sink.

There it all makes sense so please stop bashing skybus the pilots are all going to be millionaires with the ipo coming soon

Cutting West coast cities, fuel at record highs,
loosing 3-5m a month? This was the formula that put Indy out of business (among other things)!!
Anybody know how much start-up capital Skybus had.

From what I've heard from former employees, Indy Air was also running their innaugural flights with only like 2-3 people on board the planes.

From what I've heard from former employees, Indy Air was also running their innaugural flights with only like 2-3 people on board the planes.

No, I did a few flights on the first day. It was more like 15-20 on the RJ. I think my first flight was a deadhead to BNA to do the return trip to IAD. I had to laugh when a passenger stated how she liked our brand-new 5-year-old RJ.

Latest resources

Back