• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why is helicopter time ingored?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DITTO .....done both too! MUCH more attention to detail then ANY FW civilian flying job.

I agree with your above statement but will a helicopter outfit take my "starch" wing time along with my helo time when I'm applying to fly helicoptors? Or will he/she only consider my helo time? Just wondering if the shoe was on the other foot per se.

No flames intended seriously, just wondering.

Peace

Koko

Last edited:
I agree with your above statement but will a helicopter outfit take my "starch" wing time along with my helo time when I'm applying to fly helicoptors? Or will he/she only consider my helo time? Just wondering if the shoe was on the other foot per se.

No flames intended seriously, just wondering.

Peace

Koko
Funny you should ask... two years ago I was contemplating a move out of the airlines and into a local Air Ambulance outfit for family reasons. The fellow(chief pilot type) who I showed my resume to commented that indeed the times looked good(5000+) and all but, you guessed it, there was the pesky matter of my only having 2000 hours of rotary wing time.

So yes, it does cut both ways and perhaps rightly so.

That said, I have to agree that once certain levels of experience in class (RW vs. FW) have been met, to pretend that the years spent flying the other might as well have been spent in front of the computer flying microsoft flight simulator is downright ignorant.

Maybe the simple fact that it's "ignored" instead or "ingored" that has you at a disadvantage. Ingored seems relatively painful to me. I've never been ingored, but I have been ignored before however!!!! As you see fit, cheers all,.....herewegoagain.......

cus, its a buyers' market.

Funny you should ask... two years ago I was contemplating a move out of the airlines and into a local Air Ambulance outfit for family reasons. The fellow(chief pilot type) who I showed my resume to commented that indeed the times looked good(5000+) and all but, you guessed it, there was the pesky matter of my only having 2000 hours of rotary wing time.

So yes, it does cut both ways and perhaps rightly so.

That said, I have to agree that once certain levels of experience in class (RW vs. FW) have been met, to pretend that the years spent flying the other might as well have been spent in front of the computer flying microsoft flight simulator is downright ignorant.

Thanks Extreme and I concur.

Koko

You can't read the usa today while "operating"....

Mookie

'Cause that is what the Chief Pilot and Management want to do.

They probably ask themselves, "Why did this guy go Helo if he knew we didn't value it as much as fixed wing?"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back