Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why I am extremely nervous about 9E bankruptcy.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know, because it isn't specifically written so, it's just a technique. To be honest, I never thought about it when I bugged it up to 250. But Simon does have a point, and he now got me thinking about something that I otherwise wasn't doing before. It's a technique that shows precision and he has a good reason for it.

9E has some serious primacy issues that go on during training. I did not hear from any of my trainers that the before landing checklist is done as a flow until sim lesson 7. It is not in the book that way, but apparently it is done that way on the line. Another primacy issue is HAA. If you want us to say the heading airspeed and altitude for every takeoff roll, put it in the profile so I learn the right calls the first time. Don't stick it in some obscure part of the CFM. That is just two of the many issues that come up while going through training. While some of the transition captains I am sure have their own personal issues, learning through fear and intimidation is not the most effective way to teach. That is a lot of the problem.

The "before landing check" is a challenge and response checklist. Per the CFM chapter 4 it says "The challenge and response checklist is first done as a flow. The applicable items are completed from memory (recall) using a flow pattern. Upon completion of the pattern, the checklist is read aloud.". I don't see the problem here. Is it that nobody taught you about challenge and response checklists? How did you do it at Mesaba? I'm just curious.

Okay, then why is it not notated the same as the other checklists that have a flow procedure listed in front of them? Either way, I know now and I guess that is what matters. At Mesaba the pm would read an item and do it as the checklist went along. For example, the Captain would call for before start, the fo would read an item, the captain would do the action and say the response.

Okay, then why is it not notated the same as the other checklists that have a flow procedure listed in front of them? Either way, I know now and I guess that is what matters. At Mesaba the pm would read an item and do it as the checklist went along. For example, the Captain would call for before start, the fo would read an item, the captain would do the action and say the response.

I understand your frustration. I hope your line flying experience has been better than your training experience.

Actually, yes it has been, ty. Everyone I have flown with have been stand up people...despite the fact they will certainly lose their job in the next year. It's tough to operate in this environment, and they don't let it affect them. I commend them for that.

over 200 of the 318 SkyW fleet are E120 or CR2. All The Expressjet planes are 50 seaters, and ASA is mostly the same. The fleet is made up of aged, worthless, lemons. It would be like a rental car company bragging about their huge fleet of Pontiac Aztecs.

^ ^ ^

Love it.

Latest resources

Back