Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why I am extremely nervous about 9E bankruptcy.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just because I quoted Suupah, this isn't referenced at him or anyone in particular, but here is an example of mis-guided thinking.

Tell me why the training department thinks it is OK to command the aircraft to break speed limitations on every take off out of ATL. It is not anywhere in the book to dial the speed to 250kts while the flaps are still down. And please don't tell me that it's in the memo. I looked and the memo says ATL tower wants us to accelerate as soon as practical out of ATL...which means to me that we can disregard the speed 210 until 3000 AGL.

It is poor airmanship that the flight standard guys thinks it is OK to dial dirictly up to 250 kts, with the A/P on, and the flaps down. A better technique is to actually dial the speed to 210 or even 220 while the flaps are in transition. Once the flaps are up then dial it up to 250.

Beware...if anyone responds that the flaps will retract by the time you reach the speed limitation, I will flame you with several "real life" scenerios where you break the speed limitation and none of them involve a flap fail. Then I will crucify you about absolutely poor technique and airmanship.

You guys are wierd over there with your procedures. The technique you crucify is the exact procedure at ASA. We fly v2+15 til 1000agl then twist in 250(class B airports) and call for flaps up as soon as the trend vector goes positive. 3 1/2 years on the CRJ2/7/9 I have never seen anyone overspeed the flaps after takeoff

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

8 years never seen it happen. Then again I don't turn the AP on. I think you might be over concerned about the acceleration to 250. It's "as soon as practicable" not "break whatever limitation you have to to get there ASAP"

You guys are weird.

Although I can assure you that both my sim partner and myself are two senior XJ guys, neither one of us had any attitude what-so-ever. That may of been our different experience. Mutual respect.
Whatever. I heard your sim partner was a real tool and barely passed the checkride!

I agree though, mutual respect, and a overall good training experience.

“We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.”
― Oscar Wilde

Last edited:
Apply, apply, apply! You never know what interview you'll land until you apply! Don't give up, and good luck!

Murph,

I was going to go off until I saw who wrote that. MF'ers.

Those who are saying the ones who failed are tools or bad pilots-you are all just idiots. Those original pinnacle pilots who are saying the XJers are tools or idiots-you are an idiot. Let me just say this-

I find where ever you go there is a 10/10/80% rule. 10% are idiots 10% are mean rule people and 80% are okay or good people (the exception being the US Army where it is a 20/20/60 rule).

That being said I have heard plenty of 9E training stories and have heard about the results in the news plenty of times. I am not bashing here, I am just stating fact. 9E's training practices has issues. If an OE instructor second guesses a pilot when they make a perfectly sound decision that will just set up the pilot for saying....."what do you want to do now since you did not like the last thing I did?" Then the idiot OE guy fails the guy for not being a captain. "Are you sure?" questions are not appropriate when there was nothing wrong with what the person did or said. That ******************** was cut out of mesa bas training years ago.

Want another example on how the way they are treating mesaba pilots, especially Saab pilots in a way that sets them up for failure? How about hours of instruction on how to say altitude changes and talking on the radio?

Those who are saying the ones who failed are tools or bad pilots-you are all just idiots. Those original pinnacle pilots who are saying the XJers are tools or idiots-you are an idiot. Let me just say this-

I find where ever you go there is a 10/10/80% rule. 10% are idiots 10% are mean rule people and 80% are okay or good people (the exception being the US Army where it is a 20/20/60 rule).

That being said I have heard plenty of 9E training stories and have heard about the results in the news plenty of times. I am not bashing here, I am just stating fact. 9E's training practices has issues. If an OE instructor second guesses a pilot when they make a perfectly sound decision that will just set up the pilot for saying....."what do you want to do now since you did not like the last thing I did?" Then the idiot OE guy fails the guy for not being a captain. "Are you sure?" questions are not appropriate when there was nothing wrong with what the person did or said. That ******************** was cut out of mesa bas training years ago.

Want another example on how the way they are treating mesaba pilots, especially Saab pilots in a way that sets them up for failure? How about hours of instruction on how to say altitude changes and talking on the radio?
Hawk, I was Simon's sim partner. I was just yankin his chain. We had a good experience. There was not even a chance of failure on either of our parts. We were treated with nothing, but respect.

The training program is just a part if the problem. Having to spend time following up on pay issues, spending time trying to find information in very random spots in manuals, not being booked for hotels in training, and stuffing 27 people in 2 vans for a 30 minute drive to and from the training center all take a toll on your ability to fully concentrate on what you need to know. I made it through, but it was not a very good learning experience. As with murph and simon, I was not treated poorly because I was Mesaba. Its just a bad setup right now. That's all.

8 years never seen it happen. Then again I don't turn the AP on. I think you might be over concerned about the acceleration to 250. It's "as soon as practicable" not "break whatever limitation you have to to get there ASAP"

You guys are weird.

So you command the autopilot to break a limitation in the aircraft? Why?

I find this to be bad airmanship even if you don't break the actual limitation.

Latest resources

Back