Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why I am extremely nervous about 9E bankruptcy.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
9E has some serious primacy issues that go on during training. I did not hear from any of my trainers that the before landing checklist is done as a flow until sim lesson 7. It is not in the book that way, but apparently it is done that way on the line. Another primacy issue is HAA. If you want us to say the heading airspeed and altitude for every takeoff roll, put it in the profile so I learn the right calls the first time. Don't stick it in some obscure part of the CFM. That is just two of the many issues that come up while going through training. While some of the transition captains I am sure have their own personal issues, learning through fear and intimidation is not the most effective way to teach. That is a lot of the problem.

Don't get bitter-its true-I mean who fails a cry 200 captain during IOE who has been flying that same plane for the last 4-5 years as a captain?

Someone who is a real idiot?

In all my years at Pinnacle, I have never had problems with my paycheck, it seems weird that all of a sudden there's major problems...I myself was screwed on the middle of March pay check and I still haven't heard a word back from the company.

The 9E training department would disagree.:rolleyes:

Just because I quoted Suupah, this isn't referenced at him or anyone in particular, but here is an example of mis-guided thinking.

Tell me why the training department thinks it is OK to command the aircraft to break speed limitations on every take off out of ATL. It is not anywhere in the book to dial the speed to 250kts while the flaps are still down. And please don't tell me that it's in the memo. I looked and the memo says ATL tower wants us to accelerate as soon as practical out of ATL...which means to me that we can disregard the speed 210 until 3000 AGL.

It is poor airmanship that the flight standard guys thinks it is OK to dial dirictly up to 250 kts, with the A/P on, and the flaps down. A better technique is to actually dial the speed to 210 or even 220 while the flaps are in transition. Once the flaps are up then dial it up to 250.

Beware...if anyone responds that the flaps will retract by the time you reach the speed limitation, I will flame you with several "real life" scenerios where you break the speed limitation and none of them involve a flap fail. Then I will crucify you about absolutely poor technique and airmanship.

Someone who is a real idiot?

I can think of a few XJ guys.

BTW, my time in 9E training was nothing buy respectful. Once again I appreciated everyones proffessional courtesy and understanding. My Sim instructors and Check Airman where all top notch and quite frankly not given the tools to properly do their job, but each and everyone of them adepted and got the job done.

Although I can assure you that both my sim partner and myself are two senior XJ guys, neither one of us had any attitude what-so-ever. That may of been our different experience. Mutual respect.

Now, can I please have the spelling police correct all of my errors.

Simon,

I completely agree with your post. I was not treated differently than any other pilot by the training department. That doesn't mean it was a good program though.

Simon,

I completely agree with your post. I was not treated differently than any other pilot by the training department. That doesn't mean it was a good program though.

I suppose that is true.

The wrong type of planes for a stand-alone operation where you have to pick up the tab for your own fuel. They will not bite the hand(s) that feed them.

Only if companies were as loyal as domesticated dogs. When the bowl is empty, all bets are off.

In all my years at Pinnacle, I have never had problems with my paycheck, it seems weird that all of a sudden there's major problems...I myself was screwed on the middle of March pay check and I still haven't heard a word back from the company.
The problem is that they have switched to this new Rainmaker payroll system. Before each carrier tracked, coded, and paid differently. Now they are integrating 3 seperate payroll systems into one and it is not going smoothly. They probably thought it would all transition neatly but it did not.

Latest resources

Back