• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why General Custer(Lee) loves the merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Waiting for your examples...............

Start with Nicolau. He discusses contractual pay differentials in his award. You could also review Bloch's decision with respect to the AWA/AAA dispatcher award where he discusses contractual differences and who benefitted more contractually from the merger at great length.

Last edited:
Start with Nicolau. He discusses contractual pay differentials in his award. You could also review Bloch's decision with respect to the AWA/AAA dispatcher award where he discusses contractual differences and who benefitted more contractually from the merger at great length.

There you go nwaredtail!!

Thanks for playing. --Spanky--

I agree. This is another lame conversation. Guess what guys - you personally have no control over the outcome. Get over yourselves and just enjoy the ride...

You don't have to read it if you don't want to. Why don't you get over yourself? Stick to the corporate forums and you won't have to hear about our lame conversations.

Thanks!

BTW, My new name is Spanky according to NWAredtail's wife

The truth is the General is secretly hoping to see why he is the only one that bashes the LBB overnights. Curiosity is getting to him why all the Southwest guys seem to like going there. He is hoping the merger will give him a chance to find out.

And why he is even more of a jag. After doing some research and actually using the seniority that he "says" he is, the General makes out under either proposal.

Lets look:

Approx DAL seniority :47%, in five years (assuming retirement at 60 for BOTH AIRLINES) his seniorirty at original Delta would be 41% and in ten years 20%.

Under NWA proposal, Year 1 = 51% (hardly the 14% he was crying about) year 5 = 39% (5 % better than his original DAL projection due to NWA retirements) and at year 10 = 15% (25% better than his original DAL projection, thanks to NWA retirements)

Under DAL proposal year 1 = 46%, year 5 = 35 % ( 15% better than original seniority at DAL) year 10 = 10% ( a full 50% better than he would have had if DAL stood alone)

Either way, he gains seniority, it's just how much. All due to NWA retirements. How about a thank you butt head!!!!!!!!!!If you assume age 65, just project out 5 extra years.

Point is, Mr. Vocal wins either way, so far.

Lets see here, redtail...

Commuter, a couple of divorces, got hired late, going to be pissed off about this merger until the day you die because you have to blame something, about right?

Get a life!

Commuter, a couple of divorces, got hired late, going to be pissed off about this merger until the day you die because you have to blame something, about right?

Get a life!

Don't forget the NW sense of entitlement.

I love these mainline circle jerk threads. It's incredible to me that you're all mainline pilots, who somehow hold your fellow regional pilots with contempt. Have you ever stepped back and looked at how arrogant, immature, melodramatic, self centered and ridiculous you all sound?

Aren't you all supposed to be the mighty mainline pilot that we red headed step children aspire to be someday? Wow... great example you're setting. And you want respect from the public, your company and the rest of the flying professionals out there? Gimme a break.

Get a life!

Ha, 1996 hire when I was 28. Will be pissed off if the award is DAL's, as will be about 4500 other guys. How about you, EMB Pilot? (that pretty much answers my question)

I love these mainline circle jerk threads. It's incredible to me that you're all mainline pilots, who somehow hold your fellow regional pilots with contempt. Have you ever stepped back and looked at how arrogant, immature, melodramatic, self centered and ridiculous you all sound?

Aren't you all supposed to be the mighty mainline pilot that we red headed step children aspire to be someday? Wow... great example you're setting. And you want respect from the public, your company and the rest of the flying professionals out there? Gimme a break.

So why are you reading it? Nobody is tying you to your computer. Next.

Latest resources

Back