• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why General Custer(Lee) loves the merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General,A DC9 Captain can't be thrown up to a 777 Captain's seniority range---that is a windfall. "

There happen to be some DC9 Captains who could fly a wide-body but for quality of life reasons, bid DC9 Captain so they can have a great quality of life.

Your blanket statements do not make an educated and valid point. Sounds more like anger and whining to me. Not very becoming for a Delta Captain.

You said "

1700 in 10 years, give or take. Will they really be able to merge without furloughing? That would mostly ruin the 1700 number. If so, the cyclical hiring trend will get even more dramatic.

General,A DC9 Captain can't be thrown up to a 777 Captain's seniority range---that is a windfall. "

There happen to be some DC9 Captains who could fly a wide-body but for quality of life reasons, bid DC9 Captain so they can have a great quality of life.

Your blanket statements do not make an educated and valid point. Sounds more like anger and whining to me. Not very becoming for a Delta Captain.

You said "

I understand that. There are probably some greenbooks though who are senior but could not bid a widebody thanks to few retirements last year, or zero displacements. That is the key. Your new manning formula hopefully will take care of that issue.

And, I am not angry. I will do very well with even relative seniority, which in some ways is a win for you guys since you don't bring as many high paying widebody jobs to the table compared to us. We'll see how this plays out. Try to understand that I do not wish ill will on any of my new DL brothers, rather I want a fair deal for the SLI. That's it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

LaCrosse = Largest six pack in the world. Nuff said there.

DC-9 @ NWA was profitable @ $105 a barrel. At Delta this number will be better once they are put on the right routes. The 9's will be here for 5 year as of a few days ago to be replaced by something. (maybe 717)

SEA = 757/ 767 base maybe already mentioned.

SLI = who cares we can't control it. It will be what it is. Some of you guys are going to medical out over this and make me even happier thanks.

So General, getting back to my original comment, now focus and read the instructions, do you move up more under NWA and DAL new proposals than you would had Delta Stood alone.

A. Move up more

B. Can't answer a question without a whole dissertaion on DC-9's and how great South America is.

So General, getting back to my original comment, now focus and read the instructions, do you move up more under NWA and DAL new proposals than you would had Delta Stood alone.

A. Move up more

B. Can't answer a question without a whole dissertaion on DC-9's and how great South America is.

Had Delta stood alone? That isn't my call. I will move up 2% under Dalpa's proposal in the short term(nobody knows how many retirements there will be in the next 4-5 years), and backwards 14% immediately with NALPA's. We both had a lot of retirements coming eventually. You have a bunch sooner than we do, but we have more in the end. So, overall our proposal is more fair for everyone. Also, Do you know who has the most DC9s IN SOUTH AMERICA? Aserca Airlines, in Venezuela.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back