• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why General Custer(Lee) loves the merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Had Delta stood alone? That isn't my call. I will move up 2% under Dalpa's proposal in the short term, and backwards 14% immediately with NALPA's. We both had a lot of retirements coming eventually. You have a bunch sooner than we do, but we have more in the end. So, overall our proposal is more fair for everyone. Also, Do you know who has the most DC9s IN SOUTH AMERICA? Aserca Airlines, in Venezuela.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yes or no, do you move up more in 5 and 10 years under NWA's proposal than if DAL stood alone. One word answer please. I know you can do it.

Yes or no, do you move up more in 5 and 10 years under NWA's proposal than if DAL stood alone. One word answer please. I know you can do it.

NO? How's that? I know I will move up within the next 10 years a lot thanks to Delta's eventual retirements. Percentage wise, I think it will be about even. I am at around the 52-53% at Delta (48-47% below me). With the mix at NWA, I probably would be the same (hey, that is called RELATIVE SENIORITY), and I would assume NWA pilots would go infront of me, and some would retire, and some would stay. If you get RELATIVE SENIORITY, (also known as status quo), you probably would stay right about where you are now, with the same number of people percentage wise leaving in front of you.

Bye Bye---General Lee

NO? How's that? I know I will move up within the next 10 years a lot thanks to Delta's eventual retirements. Percentage wise, I think it will be about even. I am at around the 52-53% at Delta (48-47% below me). With the mix at NWA, I probably would be the same (hey, that is called RELATIVE SENIORITY), and I would assume NWA pilots would go infront of me, and some would retire, and some would stay. If you get RELATIVE SENIORITY, (also known as status quo), you probably would stay right about where you are now, with the same number of people percentage wise leaving in front of you.

Bye Bye---General Lee

If your seniority is what you say it is, then your answer is not correct. You move up more as a combined airline than you otherwise would, anywhere from 10 to 25% more. If your seniority is arounf 3500 at DAL.

And why he is even more of a jag. After doing some research and actually using the seniority that he "says" he is, the General makes out under either proposal.
Point is, Mr. Vocal wins either way, so far.

You actually went to this much trouble for a guy on an internet web board?

Wow! Time for a hobby....

La Crosse, WI:

World's largest sixpack (as previously stated)

Most bars per capita in the nation (at least that was the claim years ago)

Heck of an Oktoberfest

beautiful river and bluffs

college town, brewery town!

as a guy who used to fuel NWA DC9's in LSE, never thought I might be flying one some day...

If your seniority is what you say it is, then your answer is not correct. You move up more as a combined airline than you otherwise would, anywhere from 10 to 25% more. If your seniority is arounf 3500 at DAL.

Wait, did you say 10-25%? That is a big range. Regardless, you and I will be moving up a lot in the next 10 years, and if I get XMAS off and you don't, well, I'll send you a Barnes and Noble gift card. ($10).
Merry XMAS!!!

Bye Bye--General Lee

There happen to be some DC9 Captains who could fly a wide-body but for quality of life reasons, bid DC9 Captain so they can have a great quality of life.

Your blanket statements do not make an educated and valid point. Sounds more like anger and whining to me. Not very becoming for a Delta Captain.

You said "

PMFJI:

Isn't that the same argument the NW side has used to explain why DL's not so "super premium" wide body flying has gone to new hires and junior pilots?

blah, blah, blah, Is this over yet? ;)

I agree. This is another lame conversation. Guess what guys - you personally have no control over the outcome. Get over yourselves and just enjoy the ride...

At least your combined airline appears to be on the right path while many others are sinking quickly...

BTW, I really, really wish I had gone to Univeristy of Texas... Go Longhorns!

Latest resources

Back