• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why do ASA pilots want PBS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What if your not crappy pbs system is crapier than XJT's?

Skywest bought all of XJT's contracts as well and we will get to vote in or out your pbs system again.

At XJT pilots help build the trips (well until this month) and built the lines. So we already build the lines anyways.

The only "hit" you take with PBS is vacation and other "conflicts". You can't "game" the system with PBS. Other than that however, PBS is a better way to bid as you build your line rather than the company.

I'm OK with a slight hit to vacation and conflicts to make us more competitive. I would love to get paid 75 hour to do nothing. I would love to get paid 75 hours to work half the month....I also love working for a profitable company that wins contracts and buys others rather than unprofitable and gets bought.

The only "hit" you take with PBS is vacation and other "conflicts". You can't "game" the system with PBS. Other than that however, PBS is a better way to bid as you build your line rather than the company.

I'm OK with a slight hit to vacation and conflicts to make us more competitive. I would love to get paid 75 hour to do nothing. I would love to get paid 75 hours to work half the month....I also love working for a profitable company that wins contracts and buys others rather than unprofitable and gets bought.

Well at least you do acknowledge that you did take a "hit" if that's what you want to call a concession.

I don't mind the company gaining effeciency by getting rid of the monthly transition conflicts. Frankly, they are a pain for the pilots as well. But if the company wants to be more competitive, great, I'm all for it. But don't ask the pilots to take the hit for it.

Anyways, we are not gaming anything. The vacation rules were written with everyone knowing full well what it meant.

What if your not crappy pbs system is crapier than XJT's?

Skywest bought all of XJT's contracts as well and we will get to vote in or out your pbs system again.

At XJT pilots help build the trips (well until this month) and built the lines. So we already build the lines anyways.

PBS was your concessions whether you acknowledge it or not. You can remain competitive without asking for pilots to change their pay or work rules.

Bottom line with INC-

They will make you agree to concessions with a smile, or stuff will just wind up going elsewhere. We lost some 90 seat orders, and lost lots of flying until we learned that "playing ball" was our only option.

These guys are smart, but they are not running things to keep you happy. They will get what they want, or planes will start going away. I hate the situation as much as anyone, but it is reality.

-PBS is definitely a concession-in my view, but many at our company have become desperate. That is really why it passed in a landslide-not because it will necessarily give us better schedules. These guys can keep all their used-car sales pitches-the system is fine, but the agreement leaves HUGE loopholes the company could drive a truck through.

-I have a feeling they are warming that big rig up real good.

Well at least you do acknowledge that you did take a "hit" if that's what you want to call a concession.

I don't mind the company gaining effeciency by getting rid of the monthly transition conflicts. Frankly, they are a pain for the pilots as well. But if the company wants to be more competitive, great, I'm all for it. But don't ask the pilots to take the hit for it.

Anyways, we are not gaming anything. The vacation rules were written with everyone knowing full well what it meant.

We gained certain things by agreeing to PBS including some pay. In addition we became more competitive and gained more control over building a line.

For a brief period, I was able to get 5 weeks off for each week of vacation. I loved it, but it isn't really realistic in this environment for people to get 20 weeks of vacation and still remain competitive. Unions have to realize that there is a downside to making contracts to costly. The public sector union contracts are killing us for this very reason.

I see you are a "fair tax" supporter....I'm surprised you support that and don't see the harm that unions can inflict if they aren't kept in check...

We have worked hard for our contracts also. We have never voted for concessions either like you have. We don't want our QOL to take a hit either.

We also understand that we are competing with others for "lift" amongst UAL/CAL/DAL....and we understand that we must stay competitive if we want to improve our QOL.

Thats kinda a low blow.

The History of COEX is a lot different from that of ASA. Our concessions had little to do with the pilot group and a lot to do with two ex-CEO's that dont like each other and still got to walk away with tons of cash and/or a sweeter gig. The closing of branded had to do a lot with this "rivalry" as well.

XJT pilots and ASA pilots arguing on here does no good. I know thats what FI is for but lets save that for after the merger then we can give each other stupid names like 3-cups and maybe even you can get McPickle to give you some mushrooms or whatever it is he likes to do.

We gained certain things by agreeing to PBS including some pay. In addition we became more competitive and gained more control over building a line.

For a brief period, I was able to get 5 weeks off for each week of vacation. I loved it, but it isn't really realistic in this environment for people to get 20 weeks of vacation and still remain competitive. Unions have to realize that there is a downside to making contracts to costly. The public sector union contracts are killing us for this very reason.

I see you are a "fair tax" supporter....I'm surprised you support that and don't see the harm that unions can inflict if they aren't kept in check...

If our total compensation wasn't so meager to begin with in the regional sector, I would agree with you. We do not need to bring our pay and qol life down to be competitive. If management is so smart, let them figure out how to cut costs in other places other than the meager pilot wages.

Anyways, it takes two to tango. Sure, a union wants to have all their member make a million dollars a year but it takes management to agree to it as well. That is why places like GM and Chevy can't just blame their unions.

Go FairTax!

We have worked hard for our contracts also. We have never voted for concessions either like you have. We don't want our QOL to take a hit either.

We also understand that we are competing with others for "lift" amongst UAL/CAL/DAL....and we understand that we must stay competitive if we want to improve our QOL.

Ok, so AFTER we take concessions we're still paid MORE than you? How hard did you work?

1. It's not a "crappy" PBS system. It's the best in the industry.

2. I'm not trying to cram anything down your throat, and neither is any ASA pilot. My company just bought your company. We voted for this PBS system.

3. PBS is simply you building your line out of the trips that the company builds. Line bidding is the same exact trips with the company building the lines. Wouldn't you rather build the lines than the company?

Ok, but like I said, YOU HAVEN'T TURNED IT ON YET!!!!!!!!!!

2. So you drive a pinto and your company buys some Lexus, you wanna keep driving your pinto?

3. Yes, we already do.

1. It's not a "crappy" PBS system. It's the best in the industry.

2. I'm not trying to cram anything down your throat, and neither is any ASA pilot. My company just bought your company. We voted for this PBS system.

3. PBS is simply you building your line out of the trips that the company builds. Line bidding is the same exact trips with the company building the lines. Wouldn't you rather build the lines than the company?

The company doesn't build our lines. The union does.

Latest resources

Back