• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why do ASA pilots want PBS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh and that PBS thing. We aren't cramming down your throat. In fact we kept our company from cramming it down our throats. We made the best of it outside of section 6 talks.

If you want to keep PBS at bay, you will have to buy it at the table. You will spend a whole lot of cash trying to kill it.

The reason we kept it out was we had asked them when we started the opener if PBS was an issue. They said no. Then half way through our scheduling section they decide they want PBS. Nice try.

No. You cannot do anything close to that here, nor will you be able to after the integration.

Why do you say that? And why wouldn't you want to be able to do that anyways? Do you guys live in Bizarro world or something? :)

I'm sick of xjet guys swinging their dicks and talking about how great their contract is. On FI and in person.

XJT pilots are very proud of their contract and don't want to see the best provisions, such as scope, vacation, B plan, thrown in the toilet when we didn't even ask for any of this.

As long as there is reserve coverage for that day, you can drop a trip once the secondary line improvement window is open.

You can do this in the initial line improvement window as well.

Relax. We are not a group of a$$#@/&$. We all want to protect our lives and jobs but stealing someone elses livelihood is not our style.

I hope so because many here want to shove this PbS concession on to us.

All the XJT guys are saying is that we worked hard for or contract, and we do not want our current quality of life to take a hit over this merger. You guys should be supporting our contract and language, not fighting against it. We operate more like a major in several ways, hopefully we can bring the whole group up to that.

The fact that reserves can pickup at all at XJT is a big bonus.

Yeah it's kinda funky how the "aggressive pick up window" vs. "resv pilot trip ownership rules" work but it does give the reserve pilot some sorta shot at controlling their schedule.

You can do this in the initial line improvement window as well.

I used to think so too.

buuuuuut after getting pretty upset at a scheduler one month the supervisor "politely informed" me of:

21.H.2.d A pilot may not personal drop a trip during the Initial Line Improvement Window

and

21.H.6.d. A personal drop will not be approved prior to the opening of the Secondary Line Improvement window.

Compliance agreed with the supervisor.

Now, I know Ive had schedulers straight drop trips before in ILIW but apparently they weren't supposed to. But nothing has ever stopped me from trading away two 4-days in exchange of only picking one 4-day up.

But nothing has ever stopped me from trading away two 4-days in exchange of only picking one 4-day up.

Yeah, this is exactly what I was talking about. Technically its not a personal drop. Its a trade and perfectly legal. No need to call scheduling, just do it over CCS.

Yeah it's kinda funky how the "aggressive pick up window" vs. "resv pilot trip ownership rules" work but it does give the reserve pilot some sorta shot at controlling their schedule.

I used to think so too.

buuuuuut after getting pretty upset at a scheduler one month the supervisor "politely informed" me of:

21.H.2.d A pilot may not personal drop a trip during the Initial Line Improvement Window

and

21.H.6.d. A personal drop will not be approved prior to the opening of the Secondary Line Improvement window.

Compliance agreed with the supervisor.

Now, I know Ive had schedulers straight drop trips before in ILIW but apparently they weren't supposed to. But nothing has ever stopped me from trading away two 4-days in exchange of only picking one 4-day up.

You can drop in the Initial. You just have to do it via CCS. Trade 2 4-day for 1 4-day and POOF. You dropped 1 of your 4-days.

You can drop in the Initial. You just have to do it via CCS. Trade 2 4-day for 1 4-day and POOF. You dropped 1 of your 4-days.

Yeah you should read my entire post. Maybe I already said that.

Well, its YOUR guys that are trying to shove your crappy PBS system and DOH down our throats! How about you turn the freaking software on first and then talk!

1. It's not a "crappy" PBS system. It's the best in the industry.

2. I'm not trying to cram anything down your throat, and neither is any ASA pilot. My company just bought your company. We voted for this PBS system.

3. PBS is simply you building your line out of the trips that the company builds. Line bidding is the same exact trips with the company building the lines. Wouldn't you rather build the lines than the company?

All the XJT guys are saying is that we worked hard for or contract, and we do not want our current quality of life to take a hit over this merger. You guys should be supporting our contract and language, not fighting against it. We operate more like a major in several ways, hopefully we can bring the whole group up to that.

We have worked hard for our contracts also. We have never voted for concessions either like you have. We don't want our QOL to take a hit either.

We also understand that we are competing with others for "lift" amongst UAL/CAL/DAL....and we understand that we must stay competitive if we want to improve our QOL.

1. It's not a "crappy" PBS system. It's the best in the industry.

2. I'm not trying to cram anything down your throat, and neither is any ASA pilot. My company just bought your company. We voted for this PBS system.

3. PBS is simply you building your line out of the trips that the company builds. Line bidding is the same exact trips with the company building the lines. Wouldn't you rather build the lines than the company?

What if your not crappy pbs system is crapier than XJT's?

Skywest bought all of XJT's contracts as well and we will get to vote in or out your pbs system again.

At XJT pilots help build the trips (well until this month) and built the lines. So we already build the lines anyways.

We have worked hard for our contracts also. We have never voted for concessions either like you have. We don't want our QOL to take a hit either.

We also understand that we are competing with others for "lift" amongst UAL/CAL/DAL....and we understand that we must stay competitive if we want to improve our QOL.

PBS was your concessions whether you acknowledge it or not. You can remain competitive without asking for pilots to change their pay or work rules.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back