Why Can't I Pft Like The Rich Kids Do??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
500-600hrs PIC in a C-152.

Employment wise, is this really a viable option?? I pose this question assuming one understands the benefits of CFing and/or flying freight as it relates your piloting skills and overall wealth of experience in the quest of a 121 job.

I was reading up on the previous posts and was wondering if this is really something that would land you a job....or is it nothing more than a rhetorical exercise against the original PFT argument; where neither path would get you a job after the hours are dry in the logbook.

The second reason I wonder about it is that if in fact it is more than a rhetorical exercise, then wouldn't people strive to use this [C-152 ownership] as an alternative to flooding the CFI profession? I may digress there, as I understand the value of CFIng and the economic question that may keep people away from airplane ownership to attain the PIC time.

At any rate, I'd be interested to hear y'all elaborate on these points.

As if the previous 30 posts haven't already said so, please, please, please do not spend the money on right seat jet time!!! If you want to spend some cash, at least go rent a twin and build some multi PIC time while instructing. It will get you to the same place that dropping $35k on 737 time will get you...an $18k regional job where you can wear a cool hat.

On a side note, who are these eaglejet.net fools?? I thought the B1900 operators like TAB were the only clowns selling right seat time but I see you can buy right seat in an A320, 757, etc??? Good grief....:eek:

hindsight2020 said:
500-600hrs PIC in a C-152.

Employment wise, is this really a viable option??
As far as I'm aware this is where a large majority of candidates come from to fill FO positions at 135/121 operations.
I was reading up on the previous posts and was wondering if this is really something that would land you a job....or is it nothing more than a rhetorical exercise against the original PFT argument; where neither path would get you a job after the hours are dry in the logbook.
I think the ratio of employed FO's who came from a CFI/135 background outweighs PFT by a large percentage. I may be wrong, cause I'm just guessing, but I think that makes sense.

Who are these eaglejet.net people? No seriously, its one of those things that just screams send us money, we promise we wil train you! Something isn't right here.

BTW, who pays for Navajo FO experience? Can you even log that?

Who wants to start a pool for when the state prosecutor's office starts investigating this place for fraud like TAB express?

757 FO time, something just doesnt sound right there. What airline in their right mind would allow this? Wait, don't answer that question....

Anyone in MIA want to stop by this place and see what kind of storefront they have rented for the month?

Checko

TheGreatChecko said:
Who are these eaglejet.net people? No seriously, its one of those things that just screams send us money, we promise we wil train you! Something isn't right here.

BTW, who pays for Navajo FO experience? Can you even log that?

Who wants to start a pool for when the state prosecutor's office starts investigating this place for fraud like TAB express?

757 FO time, something just doesnt sound right there. What airline in their right mind would allow this? Wait, don't answer that question....

Anyone in MIA want to stop by this place and see what kind of storefront they have rented for the month?

Checko

I'm suprised more airlines haven't caught on to this BS. This way management can brag about how much they're making off of Pilot Fares as well as passenger fares.

it does make me a bit sick that i'm going into an industry...which cost me close to what my first house cost me, and i might have to pay to get a job. so that is why i've decided to go the CFI route. i guess now that i'm actually studying ... and ok it's hard... i started letting my mind stray to an 'easier' way. i'm quite convinced it isn't the way. if i lose one job opportunity after spending so much money and time at this...that is one job too many. i'm impressed with the majority of pilots who answered respectfully to my serious question.

yes, eaglejet's an interesting organization by the way. i think i'd be completely humilited it i had navajo sic time in my log book. i was looking at the shorts program...which incidently is associated with air cargo carriers. but the thought of tossing 21,500 at a 'gamble' that could actually HURT my career is too much risk for me. i do split time in a 152 with my girlfriend who is also working on her CFI now. we both have hemroids now...: :)

I might as well (sigh) weigh in on this PFT issue.

After all I have nothing better to do...and if that isn't that a d*mning indictment as to my quality of life right now, I don't know what is.

To Da Vinci, the original poster: Let me give you a little ray of reality, and I think you already know it but are just looking for some support on this board. Well forget it because it's not going to happen.

PFT is the reality for many operations today. It is not likely to change. It's similar to nuclear weapons, really...once we dropped a bomb the world would never be the same again. Now that PFT is established, the lower-paying jobs will always be PFT.

What this means is very simple: If you want a particular job that is PFT, you must PFT. No one who does not PFT will be hired.

What you are getting from most of these guys is the braying of dinosaurs. They may be young, but their minds are set by the injustice of it all. PFT isn't right! It just ain't right! ...is their attitude.

Well forget it baby. It may not be right but that's the way it is. The guys who don't PFT will keep on flight instructing for another couple years until they can find a freight job. Then they'll do that gig for any number of years...maybe, nowadays, for life...however long or short that may be.

In the end, yes, they'll have 10 times more "interesting experiences" in flight (and you know what I mean) to talk about; they'll have 100 times more weather flying than you, and a zillion times more [fill in the blank].

But you know what the bottom line is? You'll have the jet job and they won't.

Oh, have mercy, I can FEEL the flames of wrath I'm going to get from these people. But what I am telling you is the truth and deep down inside even they know it.

For what it is worth, yes, I wish things were different. I wish things were like they were back in the fifties (can you remember that far? Well let me tell you very few worked for an airline back then but when you did it was a pretty good deal. But I'll tell you the God's truth, there is no airline job I would take these days, what with the conditions these people have to work with.)

However, what floats my boat probably won't float yours, and vice-versa. You think you want to be a regional airline pilot. Good on ya, most people go through life without any definite goal.

So if the job you have identified as desirable and attainable is PFT, then you better get to PFT-ing and stop listening to these people bitch about PFT-ing, because that is the only way you are going to get the job. Period.

Latest resources

Back