Why are you surprised????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
720degpersec said:
Longer, bigger, faster.....the new A340-600 !

Heard UPS is going to go all Airbus. For crosstraining purposes...
Ooops, someone should call their aircraft purchasing department, quick!! UPS just ordered some brand spankin' new 747's. (not an Airbus product)

Remington said:
mega,
what is your beef with ATA and SWA?
ATA because your little saab job got swiped from you?
SWA because they are the single most sucessful airline EVER?
Just curious, thanx.

Well, if you must know....

ATA because they let a profitable great little airline go down the toilet because they couldn't manage properly if their life depended on it.

SWA because I think they saw C8 as possible competition (think future here....ie. RJs kiddies. It's not like they are stupid obviously) and probably told ATA to shut them down.

ATA and SWA because a lot of great people lost their job for no really good reason.

The list goes on and on but those are the highlights.

Before ya all freak out, don't bother, because THERE IS NO CHANCE IN HELL I WILL EVER BELIEVE THAT SWA HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SHUTDOWN OF C8! Now, excuse me....time to take the BP meds......

One more thing....for the record, I WAS NOT AT CHICAGO EXPRESS WHEN they closed their doors. I had already left.

Now, let's please get back to the original topic....I have beat this one to death already. Thank you.

Last edited:
capt. megadeth said:
Well, if you must know....

ATA because they let a profitable great little airline go down the toilet because they couldn't manage properly if their life depended on it.

SWA because I think they saw C8 as possible competition (think future here....ie. RJs kiddies. It's not like they are stupid obviously) and probably told ATA to shut them down.

ATA and SWA because a lot of great people lost their job for no really good reason.

The list goes on and on but those are the highlights.

Before ya all freak out, don't bother, because THERE IS NO CHANCE IN HELL I WILL EVER BELIEVE THAT SWA HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SHUTDOWN OF C8! Now, excuse me....time to take the BP meds......

One more thing....for the record, I WAS NOT AT CHICAGO EXPRESS WHEN they closed their doors. I had already left.

Now, let's please get back to the original topic....I have beat this one to death already. Thank you.

So if Airtran got the deal you think that C8 would still be flying. And you "think" SWA told ATA to shut it down because of future competition with RJs.

We know your upset because of your friends and your, I think fiance, were affected by the shutdown. I admire your loyalty on this one.

You are holding much hate for unsubstantiated assumptions.

I have been furloughed twice. Never went back to either airline. I never took that personally. This is an extremely volatile industry. It has been since the beginning. Even freight will have its moments. It already has.

Its business. And its one that sucks. If we didn't like it so much, it wouldn't be an issue.

Its business. And its one that sucks. If we didn't like it so much, it wouldn't be an issue.[/QUOTE]

Amen Taz, None of us would be in this business if we didn't love what we do.

TAZ MAN said:
So if Airtran got the deal you think that C8 would still be flying. And you "think" SWA told ATA to shut it down because of future competition with RJs.

We know your upset because of your friends and your, I think fiance, were affected by the shutdown. I admire your loyalty on this one.

You are holding much hate for unsubstantiated assumptions.

I have been furloughed twice. Never went back to either airline. I never took that personally. This is an extremely volatile industry. It has been since the beginning. Even freight will have its moments. It already has.

Its business. And its one that sucks. If we didn't like it so much, it wouldn't be an issue.

1. Yes, I "think" that and so do a lot of people I know, including pilots at SWA

2. You are right, I should let go of the hate and use my energy elsewhere

3. Yes, I am paranoid about issues with freight as well.

4. Yes, it is an ugly industry

5. I understand SWA has a business to run and I don't blame them for looking out for their own interests but it doesn't mean I won't be pissed about it.

Take care.

capt. megadeth said:
1. Yes, I "think" that and so do a lot of people I know, including pilots at SWA

2. You are right, I should let go of the hate and use my energy elsewhere

3. Yes, I am paranoid about issues with freight as well.

4. Yes, it is an ugly industry

5. I understand SWA has a business to run and I don't blame them for looking out for their own interests but it doesn't mean I won't be pissed about it.

Take care.

I know SWA pilots as well. And I can say they have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. The Chiefs have no idea. Maybe the VP of ops, but he isn't talking either. Its one of the traditions of the airline. So to say that SWA pilots think so as well....is again unsubstantiated and based on assumption with absolutely no evidence from anywhere.

ATA went bankrupt. C8 was a casualty because of that. Plain and simple.

Answer me one question. Where would C8 be today if ATA took the Airtran deal.

I actually see if there is to lay any blame its on C8's management. They are ultimately are the ones responsible for their own demise. Maybe without choice. They are the ones who set up the framework for their future that didn't work out.

Do yourself a favor and stop being pissed at the things we have no control of. Learn from them and move on like you have done. Your in the pool of a good airline that will be more likely to give you what we all deserve for our hard work, stability.

TAZ MAN said:

Probably sold off or spun off, but still flying. That would be my guess.

While we're at it . . . we have hired dozens of ATA pilots since the SWA buyout . How many ATA pilots has SWA hired? Friends at SWA tell me "not many". Any truth to that?

TAZ MAN said:
I know SWA pilots as well. And I can say they have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. The Chiefs have no idea. Maybe the VP of ops, but he isn't talking either. Its one of the traditions of the airline. So to say that SWA pilots think so as well....is again unsubstantiated and based on assumption with absolutely no evidence from anywhere.

ATA went bankrupt. C8 was a casualty because of that. Plain and simple.

I actually see if there is to lay any blame its on C8's management. They are ultimately are the ones responsible for their own demise. Maybe without choice. They are the ones who set up the framework for their future that didn't work out.

Do yourself a favor and stop being pissed at the things we have no control of. Learn from them and move on like you have done. Your in the pool of a good airline that will be more likely to give you what we all deserve for our hard work, stability.

Thanks for the input TAZ. You can stay in la la land all you want in regards to the SWA thing. How can you blame a management that did not have a choice? That's like blaming the gun manufacturers for someone's murder (ie. makes no sense whatsoever). I am not trying to be rude here, but have you been smoking crack tonight? Ok, I am done with this. Let's just agree to disagree. You think what you think and I will think what I think, K? Good nite. Let's let this horse lie.

Ty Webb said:
Any truth to that?

Yes, a lot of truth. (hence, my other big beef with SWA since someone wanted to know). Every person from ATA that I know of that interviewed has been turned down.

Latest resources

Back