Why am I hearing.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well looks like that more than 60% just got closer to 100%

Delta would't give us CMR's 700s or 900s for free so my complete guess in this hypothetical situation would be ASA placed more than 20 200s with United and will complete another 2 for 1 deal to free up 50 seaters.

Not a bad guess.

However,

What would be Delta's logic in placing more 70s and 90s with ASA? I'm not certain that ASA would be all that much cheaper than Comair, and I doubt that ASA would be able to consistently operate them 'better' (however that would be judged) than Comair; why would this happen?

Where/why would United need more 50 seat lift? I thought the 50 seater was on its way out...

777, You make me sick. I sincerely hope that if asa gains any planes it is not at the expense of comair. They have been getting beat down way more than any other dci carrier and i wish only the best for them. Dont have such a giddy attitude about someone possibly losing their job or getting displaced cause it may be you next.

777, You make me sick. I sincerely hope that if asa gains any planes it is not at the expense of comair. They have been getting beat down way more than any other dci carrier and i wish only the best for them. Dont have such a giddy attitude about someone possibly losing their job or getting displaced cause it may be you next.

Kinda my opinion as well..... That is very common in this industry, however. Just look at RAH and all the destruction they have wreaked.

-Everyone here knows that if they were in a senior RAH pilot's shoes, they wouldn't stop showing up for work...

Kinda my opinion as well..... That is very common in this industry, however. Just look at RAH and all the destruction they have wreaked.

-Everyone here knows that if they were in a senior RAH pilot's shoes, they wouldn't stop showing up for work...

Well, there's a few junior pilots here that would leave to be in an RAH seat right now....

I kinda doubt that ASA will be taking even more planes from Comair. If ASA did wind up with more planes from Comair, I strongly doubt that it would be a long term positive deal for the pilots at ASA or Comair.

In aviation, it brings mountains of bad Karma to wish for the demise of others for your own best interests.

National Seniority list anybody? ALPA? Anyone? Please?

Geez dude, easy! I don't think he said he wished or hoped that would happen, and I certainly didn't detect any glee from his post. Seemed to me he was simply conjecturing what may be happening. I personally haven't heard about ASA getting anything from Comair - and I am 100% positive that not ONE SINGLE ASA pilot wants to take anything from Comair!

People are just having a conversation about what is happening these days. I'm sure 777 didn't mean to p!ss you guys off.

A national seniority list from ALPA- waste of good hope. They can't even get the DCI regionals to abide by the contract standards agreement. They've spent years working on a minimum bar, locking in flying, preventing the shuffle, and trying to nip the undercutting. After all that, the Pinnicle MEC throws a contract out for a vote that doesn't even come close to what our OLD contract used to be. The regionals will always be out for themselves, and no plausible method exists to stop it.

I hate to see Comair take the beating. I hate to see the pilots get dragged through the pain of managements misdeeds. However, if Comair (or any regional, for that matter) is going to get phased out, it's going to happen. While I don't wish to see Comair disappear, and I don't wan't their airframes, If someone IS going to end up with them, I'd rather be on the recieving end than Mesaba, Pinnicle, Mesa, or Republic....................Oh, or Compass. Personally, I'd have no problem taking their pilots along with the airframes............

You know the type....probably 22-23 yrs old, proud to be flying the big rj. Is 100% focused on getting to the left seat or skipping up to a major. Growth at any cost...This is the sad mentality plaguing the regional industry.

You know the type.... probably 35-40 yrs old, miserable to be flying the rj. Is 100% focused on getting to the majors or skipping out on his wife. Growth at any cost...This is the sad mentality plaguing the regional industry.

This is a fun game. Your turn.

Oh, here's one...

You know the type....probably 25-30 yrs old, proud to be f(beep)cking the hot FA. Is 100% focused on getting to 2nd base or skipping up to a homerun, even if it means getting super AIDS. Growth at any cost...This is the sad mentality plaguing the regional industry.

This is a fun game. Your turn.

Not quite, a bit younger, not married, but it is miserable to listen to guys like you talking about flying. Man I hope we get their planes...man I hope we do XYZ to get more flying...man I hope if we agree to paying for our hotel rooms we could get more 900s.

Latest resources

Back