• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who's getting the Delta call?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did the Delta MEC show ANY support to the TWA guys during the AA purchase/staple?

I think you should rephrase that to read, "Did ALPA show ANY support to the TWA guys during the AA purchase/staple?"

Anyway what does all this have to do with Delta calling for interviews. I am from CVG and would love to get on with Delta. I do not have my app in with FedEx and I do not want to work there. I could care less about Fedex upgrade times and 60 year old FEs. That is why I opened a Delta thread.

Delta this is TWA, request help, over.

Negative Ghostrider, OUR wallet is full. Delta out.

It looks like the TWA pilots amended their scope and successorship language to "ensure a quick closing" for an acquisition they strongly supported.

So what exactly did they ask the DAL pilots to do for them after they amended their successorship language to ensure that quick closing of their acquisition?

April 4, 2001
T.W.A. Pilots Reach Accord With AMR

Trans World Airlines Inc. said today that its pilots reached agreements with T.W.A. Airlines L.L.C., the unit of the AMR Corporation's American Airlines that will operate as T.W.A.'s successor.
The agreements included amendments to provisions of the pilots' collective bargaining agreement pertaining to scope, benefits and successorship, said T.W.A. pilots represented by the Air Line Pilots Association International union.
The head of the T.W.A. pilots' union, Capt. Robert A. Pastore, in a letter to the chairman and chief executive of American Airlines, Donald J. Carty, said the pilots wanted ''to ensure a prompt closing'' of the acquisition of T.W.A., which they strongly support.'' Captain Pastore said the pilots ''expect issues related to the integration of our pilots into the American system will be fairly resolved with our participation.''

It looks like the TWA pilots amended their scope and successorship language to "ensure a quick closing" for an acquisition they strongly supported.

So what exactly did they ask the DAL pilots to do for them after they amended their successorship language to ensure that quick closing of their acquisition?

April 4, 2001
T.W.A. Pilots Reach Accord With AMR

Trans World Airlines Inc. said today that its pilots reached agreements with T.W.A. Airlines L.L.C., the unit of the AMR Corporation's American Airlines that will operate as T.W.A.'s successor.
The agreements included amendments to provisions of the pilots' collective bargaining agreement pertaining to scope, benefits and successorship, said T.W.A. pilots represented by the Air Line Pilots Association International union.
The head of the T.W.A. pilots' union, Capt. Robert A. Pastore, in a letter to the chairman and chief executive of American Airlines, Donald J. Carty, said the pilots wanted ''to ensure a prompt closing'' of the acquisition of T.W.A., which they strongly support.'' Captain Pastore said the pilots ''expect issues related to the integration of our pilots into the American system will be fairly resolved with our participation.''

WAKE UP!!!!!!
The TWA pilots reached that agreement the same way the United pilots, the Northwest pilots, the ATA pilots, etc, etc, etc, reached theirs. On their knees in bankruptcy court with a gun to their heads.

What rock did you spend the 2000's under?

PIPE

BTW, this is not a thread hijack, just a response to the General's insinuation that none of us can ever know his pain.

Latest resources

Back