• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who's getting the Delta call?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
maybe, maybe not. This has never come up so it has never been tested. But, you can bet at least one of those over 60 FEs will file a lawsuit to get his Captain seat back.
I'm no authority on the subject, but friends at FedEx said their contract would have to be renegotiated before the over 60 guys could return to the left seat, even if the law did change.

ALPA has been polling to see if members would object to pilots over 60 returning with seniority. The question caught me off guard....

As far as an FE lawsuit, it would take some time in court and and now the 61 and 62 year olds on the panel are 63 and 64 when a ruling says that they can get their old seat back. I bet then each airline just pays the 64 year olds to stay on the panel for the last year instead of sending them to training. So now you only have the 62 and 63 year olds (how big a number could this possible be?) back in the left seat for their last 2 or 3 years. Its not like these will bring hiring to a standstill. Just a temporary drop off.

When planning a carreer and being offered a job at your carrier of choice, I can't see a couple of years making that much difference. The big problem is all of the 59 1/2 year olds who wont be retiring for a full 5 more years. Good for them though. Besides, you can look at it like everyone is gaining 5 years.

Yeah, if Age 65 does happen, movement at Fedex and UPS will actually go backwards, since there are plenty of over age 60 guys on the FE panel. If they kept their seniority, they will bid BACK to Captain, and FOs would move back to FE probably. Ouch. No FE slots at DL.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Wow...2 pages go by and none of the FDX or UPS guys bite down on the chum. I am shocked and impressed at the same time.

unfortunately I bit on it and the moderator took my post off. Lets just say that the general is still an idiot after 8138 posts and he is freaking clueless. Yeah.... I know.... its just not worth it anymore with this retard...... good luck to the guys that want to go to delta. Word of advice.... have plan b and c ready to execute, cause you won't be gettin any brotherly love at delta.

and gl

take a look at 3rd year FE rates at UPS vs your precious 8 year FO rates......have fun as a USAir pilot......

unfortunately I bit on it and the moderator took my post off. Lets just say that the general is still an idiot after 8138 posts and he is freaking clueless. Yeah.... I know.... its just not worth it anymore with this retard...... good luck to the guys that want to go to delta. Word of advice.... have plan b and c ready to execute, cause you won't be gettin any brotherly love at delta.

and gl

take a look at 3rd year FE rates at UPS vs your precious 8 year FO rates......have fun as a USAir pilot......

Huh? Is it not possible if age 65 actually happens? It is for UPS and Fedex, since they still have FEs. IF they just retired (age 60) and moved to the FE seat (like our ROPES did at DL), and they allow over age 60 pilots, why couldn't they bid back? That would atleast cause major stagnation. We don't have that problem, since we don't have FEs anymore.

And you know what? You are the retard Netwok sling. You were seniority challenged, like many at DL, when you were furloughed. Our Furloughs got Cobra, got credit for years of service when they were out (United didn't), and are almost all back now. You enjoy Brown, and never look back, because the way you act now---we don't want you back. We will do just fine without you, and all newhires are welcome. It may be a bumpy couple of months, but we will come out just fine. But, you always know better. Bye now.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back