• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who's getting the Delta call?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
untested territory at any airline. But, I would bet over 60 FEs will sue, arguing that they were forced to the panel by a now outdated law.

Yes, it is untested. However, I will bet they will have to wait until the next bid for Capt's to get the "upgrade". Meanwhile I'm sure folks will sue, it's the American way. "It's not my fault, you owe, and I'll sue for anything".

Original question

Who of the reported 1500 applicants are getting e-mails for interviews? I've read all the ideas about who everyone thinks is getting called, but who really is? Military? Regional? Taco Bell night managers?

Still no answers

Does that happen at Delta? If there are say 10 Capt openings, and thirty senior guys bid for them does it push out 20 jr guys to accommodate?

No. If there is a base closing or fleet parking, then yes. But we have already parked our planes that needed to be parked. There are rumors that we may move the NYC 738 base to CVG and maybe some MD88s from CVG to NY, but that is about it.

All of our guys that took early retirement cannot come back. What I was talking about with regard to UPS or Fedex was the FE and over age 60 factor. Airlines with Flight Engineers still allow pilots over 60 to be FEs. We don't have FEs or planes that need FEs at DL. The problem with UPS and Fedex is that if age 60 increases to 65, and there are some senior guys on the FE position at UPS or FedEx, they could rebid a Capt seat if a bid appears. That would bump people backwards at those airlines, or cause a lot more stagnation. Those FEs could sue to maybe get their seats back. Our retired guys will not come back because they took their money and ran.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You're boring, now take your bottle and go back to bed junior. Remember you have a 5 am show time on the rj!

Latest resources

Back