• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who's Flying Your Airplane? NO OUTSOURCING

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've never violated anyone's contract....Keep poking your finger in my eye and that WILL change...ALPA never has been a union. It's a very loose association of independant contractors who bid against one another for work....

The mainline should have kept the small plane flying in house as they once did...However the big egos at the mainline were too good to fly "little airplanes"....Too bad...so sad.....

You need to STFU about unionism. Don't use the word again. Clearly you won't hesitate to violate a contract even though you haven't yet. If it was your contract this close to being violated you'd have yourself hoisted up onto a cross and chained to the front gate a CNN.

Take it easy kiddies, I don't want the mods to start tossing you for name calling. They have been cracking down of late. Joe, mainline did create this mess. They have to fix it. How else do you propose they fix it other than negotiating a scope clause that says as contracts expire, the flying comes back in house? I can't honestly think of any other way to get the job done. Fragmented negotiating units have eroded the bargaining power of pilots to the point that it doesn't pay to get the ratings anymore. What is your solution if not negotiating the flying back?

Joe, what can you do if they don't renew your contract? I'm sympathetic to your plight, but I don't see anything that any regional pilot can do. You would have to have a scope clause that is binding on the mainline, and that won't happen. What else do you have in mind?

Agreed - it's not at the pilot level. But there's the small matter of an $88 million loan with UAL - in addition to any early termination fees. Cough it up or hand over the gates held as collateral.

...ALPA never has been a union. It's a very loose association of independant contractors who bid against one another for work....

Sad to say Joe is right about this. Worse yet is pilots don't seem to mind screwing their junior counter parts for any little bit of benefit to themselves. Pilots will do this even if it ultimately will kill their own career.

Agreed - it's not at the pilot level. But there's the small matter of an $88 million loan with UAL - in addition to any early termination fees. Cough it up or hand over the gates held as collateral.

UAL has 9 billion (cash and short term equivalents) in the bank. Any 88 million loan plus early termination clauses will not be a problem.

There's really only one way to achieve a single seniority list flying all aircraft for each carrier. That is to take the seniority list of each of the commuters or reagionals currently feeding your airline and merge them into your own in some fashion, staple or otherwise. In this manner your union has taken control of the process the other pilots who would have been competitors are now compatriots. In effect this would be a start of re-regulation of the industry from the bottom up and once again, in effect you take control of the industry or cede that to others who probably don't have your best interests at heart. Lorenzo never did anything he wasn't allowed to do.

I agree. The old guys destroyed this career for the young guys. Sold out on scope, Age 65. etc. It's time for them to get out of the way and us to take our careers back. You have a whole generation of pilots stuck at the regionals because of the prior generations actions. Do they even know that they created a B scale while fighting against one?

UAL has 9 billion (cash and short term equivalents) in the bank. Any 88 million loan plus early termination clauses will not be a problem.

With that amount of cash, why pay a lowly regional usury rates (11%) for a loan with gates as collateral. Makes you go, Hmmmmm.

You'll never get regional pilots on board with a single seniority list unless it as a fair integration (no staple). Also, with regionals whoring themselves out to many carriers, which regional pilots would go on which seniority list?

With that amount of cash, why pay a lowly regional usury rates (11%) for a loan with gates as collateral. Makes you go, Hmmmmm.

You'll never get regional pilots on board with a single seniority list unless it as a fair integration (no staple). Also, with regionals whoring themselves out to many carriers, which regional pilots would go on which seniority list?
Why would ANY regional pilot have any right to any sort of integration with a mainline list? A staple would be more than fair if somehow ops were combined. Realistically,why should any mainline pilot really give two ********************s about regional pilots. Totally different worlds.

Latest resources

Back