Who'll be the first to furlough again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wal-mart

My money is on AA. With every 6 retirements, park an airplane. Stop the recalls(oh ya what recalls). I may as well start that Chinese language class I have been putting off.

None... Age 65 is now about to take hold again... Most airlines are already operating with a short staff. The airline I believe will be hurt the most short-term is going to be VX (Virgin America)-- most of their route structure is trans-con and will be impacted harshly by the price of fuel...

Low Cost Carriers will be effected first (Not SWA-they are not low cost) NKS, Virgin America, etc, will be the first effected. LCC is short on cash, but has some of the most retirements in the next five years.

In reality if the Fed raises interest rates, and the Middle East does not implode, we should see oil go down by at least 30%.

None... Age 65 is now about to take hold again... Most airlines are already operating with a short staff. The airline I believe will be hurt the most short-term is going to be VX (Virgin America)-- most of their route structure is trans-con and will be impacted harshly by the price of fuel...

VA is apparently well hedged this year.

S

SWA just announced new hiring.

With the 1 Aug Flight/Duty/Rest rules requiring more pilots, no major changes in the short run. I don't think the ME stuff will keep the oil prices up very high long-term.

HOWEVER, it IS possible that the ME stuff WILL drive the prices WAY up, and they'll stay there for a while....then maybe airlines like Spirit or BA will furlough.

cliff
DXB

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back