• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who'll be the first to furlough again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With oil climbing faster than a homesick angel I think this is inevitable...:bawling:[/QUULD

I WOULD SAY DELTA....PARKING DC9s and MD80s

Delta Air Agrees to Buy 9 Used MD-90 Jets From Japan Airlines

By Mary Jane Credeur - Mar 3, 2011 9:09 AM ET Thu Mar 03 14:09:00 GMT 2011

Delta Air Lines Inc. (DAL), the world’s second-largest carrier, said it is buying nine used MD-90 jets from Japan Airlines Corp. to replace older DC-9s that are being retired.
Deliveries will start in January after the planes are refurbished to match the rest of Delta’s fleet, and Delta will “continue to look for opportunities to acquire used MD-90s,” Nat Pieper, vice president of fleet strategy, wrote yesterday on the Atlanta-based airline’s internal employee website.
The 160-seat MD-90s, made by a Boeing Co. (BA) predecessor, will be flown on domestic routes instead of the DC-9s, which average 34 years old, Pieper said. He didn’t disclose financial terms, and a spokesman, Trebor Banstetter, declined to comment beyond confirming the posting’s authenticity.
Delta has been buying used MD-90s for about “one-fourth the cost” of a new Boeing 737-800, President Ed Bastian said at a December investor presentation. That 737 model has a list price of $80.8 million. Airlines typically receive a discount.
To contact the reporter on this story: Mary Jane Credeur in Atlanta at [email protected].
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Ed Dufner at [email protected].

USAir Mesa West division- first to furlough because their routes suck- all low end flip flop crowds!

Delta Air Agrees to Buy 9 Used MD-90 Jets From Japan Airlines

By Mary Jane Credeur - Mar 3, 2011 9:09 AM ET Thu Mar 03 14:09:00 GMT 2011

Delta Air Lines Inc. (DAL), the world’s second-largest carrier, said it is buying nine used MD-90 jets from Japan Airlines Corp. to replace older DC-9s that are being retired.
Deliveries will start in January after the planes are refurbished to match the rest of Delta’s fleet, and Delta will “continue to look for opportunities to acquire used MD-90s,” Nat Pieper, vice president of fleet strategy, wrote yesterday on the Atlanta-based airline’s internal employee website.
The 160-seat MD-90s, made by a Boeing Co. (BA) predecessor, will be flown on domestic routes instead of the DC-9s, which average 34 years old, Pieper said. He didn’t disclose financial terms, and a spokesman, Trebor Banstetter, declined to comment beyond confirming the posting’s authenticity.
Delta has been buying used MD-90s for about “one-fourth the cost” of a new Boeing 737-800, President Ed Bastian said at a December investor presentation. That 737 model has a list price of $80.8 million. Airlines typically receive a discount.
To contact the reporter on this story: Mary Jane Credeur in Atlanta at [email protected].
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Ed Dufner at [email protected].

??? I'm not exactly splitting atoms on my days off but replacing diesel 9's with bigger diesel 9's doesn't exactly make good long term thinking in this fuel environment. At least they aren't outsourced 50-70 seaters.

I'm thinking Delta. But, I think we're all exposed to being furloughed. Thanks 65!!!!

USAir Mesa West division- first to furlough because their routes suck- all low end flip flop crowds!

US Air East, also known as Republic East.
Just ask any 19 year E190 f/o, who spent more time on furlough than on the property.
So St. Nic? How about it?:laugh:
Now run along and tell the mods again that someone is badmouthing your airline.:crying::crying:

SWA just announced new hiring.

With the 1 Aug Flight/Duty/Rest rules requiring more pilots, no major changes in the short run. I don't think the ME stuff will keep the oil prices up very high long-term.

HOWEVER, it IS possible that the ME stuff WILL drive the prices WAY up, and they'll stay there for a while....then maybe airlines like Spirit or BA will furlough.

cliff
DXB

Is that a for sure thing in Aug?...or just planning.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back