• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who will Delta buy ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
'of course' was a smartass comment, thats all.

I will tell you that from network's own mouth, the EMB is not a viable 100 seat option for Delta. At least that is what is being said.

I would assume that we wouldn't want to add too many types to the fleet if we were to buy someone on the smaller side, like a JB, WestJet or Alaska.

Personally I think all this merger talk is to appease our creditors and as soon as we can buy out our own debt, we will grow on our own.

'of course' was a smartass comment, thats all.

I will tell you that from network's own mouth, the EMB is not a viable 100 seat option for Delta. At least that is what is being said.
Boeing and Airbus aren't interested in that market (actions speak louder than words) and Bombardier's paper airplane isn't the plastic wonder the network planners say they want.

But while there is no suitable 100 seat jet, there are more and more of them flying in Delta colors configured with 76 seats and around 90 PSU's in the overheads.

I would prefer it be said that Delta is getting 100 seat jets and outsourcing them. Let us simply be honest here. Delta is consolidating the brand image at its connection carriers, removing the ASA, SkyWest and Comair inflight publications, removing the airlines' interior plaques and even changing the external markings to make the connection product more difficult to discriminate from mainline.

The timing of these changes seems to coincide with the last threat of the "operational integration" arguement disappearing. Don't know if there is any link, or not.

If you were to step back in time ten years when the 727 & 737-200 owned domestic flying a photo of todays concourses T, A & B in Atlanta would not be believed.

What happens when Delta starts to re-fleet the MD88's? The same route planners are saying the 737 is too expensive.

I don't know the answer, but am climbing in the bunker and turning on the C02 scrubber. Any time someone chimes in with the obvious on this subject it results in a napalm run.

Last edited:
Perhaps they will buy back the pension fund and let us taxpayers off. That's what they'll buy with all those profits.

Perhaps they will buy back the pension fund and let us taxpayers off. That's what they'll buy with all those profits.

Your taxes didn't pay for any of it. The PBGC is insurance paid for by companies it protects and receives no funds from general taxes. Nice try though.

"KEEP MY DELTA MY DELTA (unless you want to also add the Pacific routes from United.....)"

That is my guess. Sounds like Tilton over at UAL wants to sell parts of United since he thinks the parts are worth more than the whole. (Boyd said that too). It might be tougher to sell full airlines due to local politicians getting mad. So, maybe sell parts. I am sure pilots would come along with the planes too.

Just a guess.....?

Bye Bye--General Lee

That is what I'm hearing too. United doesn't have enough cash to cover debt payments let alone place orders for new aircraft which they need. I have a feeling parts of US Airways East may come up for sale soon too. Maybe Delta can buy some of US Airways wouldn't that be a funny change of events.

You know what, you're right! My bad. It'd still be nice if Delta would recoup the pensions that everyone based their retirements on with their nice profits they are generating. I think we can agree on that.

You know what, you're right! My bad. It'd still be nice if Delta would recoup the pensions that everyone based their retirements on with their nice profits they are generating. I think we can agree on that.

A plans should be banned. B plans of around 20% up to 415 limits hopefully will prevail.

you guys must stay up nights making up this stuff. Ual paid off upwards of 2.4B of debt in the last 18mos, with 5+B in cash. You think the creditors or the board would approve the sale of the most profitable part of the airline?? Some of you Dal guys are more arrogant than ever since BK. By the way GL, a 76 is a 76, calling it an ER isn't impressive

you guys must stay up nights making up this stuff. Ual paid off upwards of 2.4B of debt in the last 18mos, with 5+B in cash. You think the creditors or the board would approve the sale of the most profitable part of the airline?? Some of you Dal guys are more arrogant than ever since BK. By the way GL, a 76 is a 76, calling it an ER isn't impressive

chppr5

Forgive the General for using a Delta term....

You are so correct about a 76 just being a 76, but at this company, we have separate categories for the airplane. While you fly domestic and international on your 76, we do not. We have 2 separate categories for domestic and Intl., The 7ER being the latter.

As for arrogance, you opened your mouth and proved who the bigger tool is.

Just because you have to fly with Darnell, or Monica, or Chief Running Toilet on your next trip, doesn't alleviate your burden of being an Equal Opportunity Jackhole!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back