Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who uses their cellphone in the cockpit for company business?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who uses their cellphone in the cockpit to contact dispatch, scheduling, or maintenance?

Why do it if they are paying you for your minutes. Use what they have provided you.

If that means return to gate because ACARS is inop, do it!

Don't give them anything for free, because they sure as hell don't give us anything free!

If you don't want to use your minutes just make a PA announcing that you are returning to the gate unless someone lets you use their phone. I bet you will find a phone to use.

Personally I like getting home on time so I use my phone. You can do whatever you want.

All you people writing off 100% of your cell phone bill... well... I hope you never get audited.

I don't think an airline is going to go under if pilots don't use thier cell phones.

No, but that was not what I said. Going back to the gate repeatedly to communicate instead of using your cell phone will have a negative effect on the company over time if everybody did it.

No, but that was not what I said. Going back to the gate repeatedly to communicate instead of using your cell phone will have a negative effect on the company over time if everybody did it.

Or it would force the company to get their business in order.

:nuts:

Either way, people should do what is best for the given situation.

Are you an airline pilot? I wasn't when I first signed up on Flightinfo, and I realize in retrospect how god damn annoying I was at the time.

Hell DrewBlows, and a bunch more posting in this very thread told me numerous times to STFU until I had something useful to contribute.... not random speculation and idealism.

Last edited:

"Repeatedly" isn't really accurate. It's a very rare occurrence. Most of the time you can get in touch with the company via ACARS or AIRINC. It's only at remote stations or when AIRINC repeaters are down that you can't get in touch with the company.

"Repeatedly" isn't really accurate. It's a very rare occurrence. Most of the time you can get in touch with the company via ACARS or AIRINC. It's only at remote stations or when AIRINC repeaters are down that you can't get in touch with the company.

Hey PFT_128,

I think "Never" is more accurate in your case as you are not a Captain.

Latest resources

Back