Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who uses their cellphone in the cockpit for company business?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think we should call Chuck Norris on this situation.
Good ole Chuck would know exactly what to do and who to Bit*h slap when thing go wrong..
:uzi:

Hi!

If it's a widespread practice at a company, they SHOULD pay something per month to the captains that use their phones.

A lot of companies (including USA Jet) provide phones to the captain. Others give the captains a certain amount per month to cover business use of their personal phones.

Some people have unlimited minutes, so it doesn't matter in that case.

cliff
GRB

he ruins vacations, funerals, holidays ect. ect. fPFT_128 = Worthless
Ruins vacations, FUNERALS, holidays, nice one splittail!

Hi!

If it's a widespread practice at a company, they SHOULD pay something per month to the captains that use their phones.

A lot of companies (including USA Jet) provide phones to the captain. Others give the captains a certain amount per month to cover business use of their personal phones.

Some people have unlimited minutes, so it doesn't matter in that case.

cliff
GRB

A few years ago in Montreal, I spent 20 minutes on the phone with Mx control. I don't have the Canadian plan and was charged $10 for the call. I submitted an expense report and a few days later there was a check in my mailbox. I felt like a cheap-a$$ while filling out the expense report but the company quickly paid me for the call. It avoided an unnecessary delay and we arrived on-time.

LOL. I hate it when Funerals get ruined. I guess I meant missed :)

Well, you should always do your best to go to other people's funerals. Otherwise, they won't come to yours.

- Yogi Berra

I use my phone--not a problem. The only time I've had an overage (minutes) or costs from YEG/YYC or the like, I've submitted a claim to SKYW and they've paid it without questions. If you don't screw the company, you'll be surprised the things you can get in return. Any SkyWester boohooing the use should be ashamed--it's zero cost...

Latest resources

Back