Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who uses their cellphone in the cockpit for company business?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What percentage of your cellphone bill do you guys write off for work related stuff? Looking for a ballpark figure to use now that tax season is coming up.

I write off 50% of my cellphone bill. Not that I use it a bunch while at work, rather I need it to be contactable while on call and to check in.

I assume every minute on the cell phone with the company on a weekday is an "overage" minute, billed to me at 40 cents/minute. I seek compensation by taxiing slowly/flying slowly, which I bill them at $1.25/minute. I get the passengers to their destination more quickly than if I left the aircraft to use a pay phone, and I profit at a rate of 65 cents/minute. Of course, this method only works if you have block or better.

I use my iPhone to check the weather and inform dispatch of changes at the destination city. Speeds thing up immensely. :laugh:

I get a 20% discount on my phone bill through the company and I write off 100% on my taxes, I'll make the call.

I assume every minute on the cell phone with the company on a weekday is an "overage" minute, billed to me at 40 cents/minute. I seek compensation by taxiing slowly/flying slowly, which I bill them at $1.25/minute. I get the passengers to their destination more quickly than if I left the aircraft to use a pay phone, and I profit at a rate of 65 cents/minute. Of course, this method only works if you have block or better.
And you make a killing, at $63k a year flying that "lil guppy" around.

DXRick-

Did you ever answer my question....

if a regional pilot was to be ALPA President, should he get a blend of major airline pilot pay (status quo) or a blend of regional pilot pay?

He/she should get a blend of all ALPA carriers' first-year FO pay.

Latest resources

Back