Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who uses their cellphone in the cockpit for company business?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When it comes down to it, I bet PFT_128 is all talk. This guy bends over backwards for the company.

Now that's pretty funny! :laugh:

Use it, you can write it off on your taxes whatever % you use for work, so let say 60% of you 100$ a month bill against you 28% bracket = 207.20 in tax refund, the minutes would have gone to waist anyway and you made your life easier.

Gone to your waist? Do you have candy coated minutes or something? OOOH I want some!

Who uses their cellphone in the cockpit to contact dispatch, scheduling, or maintenance?

Why do it if they are paying you for your minutes. Use what they have provided you.

If that means return to gate because ACARS is inop, do it!

Don't give them anything for free, because they sure as hell don't give us anything free!

YEA! Cut off your hand to spite your foot, that's real smart. Wake up man. I hope you don't work for my Company!

I use my phone all the time, with the exception of Canada and Mexico... then I'll wrangle them on ACARS or ARINC if need be.

No, they don't pay for my cell phone minutes, but I do raid the first class snack basket on a regular basis, so I suppose were even and everyone is happy. Quid pro quo.

When in contract negotiations which are going poorly; NO

All other times; YES

Excellent post!! I'm sure PFT_128 feels extremely proud of himself as he pulls into the gate 45 minutes late while at the same time he ruins vacations, funerals, holidays ect.

Is ruining a funeral bad or good?

also it's "etc." Just for the record :)

Who uses their cellphone in the cockpit to contact dispatch, scheduling, or maintenance?

Why do it if they are paying you for your minutes. Use what they have provided you.

If that means return to gate because ACARS is inop, do it!

Don't give them anything for free, because they sure as hell don't give us anything free!

You fly your airplane, I'll fly mine. You got a problem with that?

Now that's pretty funny! :laugh:
I think it's funn that you only commented on that. So the rest of what he said was true. I know a captain who has flown with you. He's said you're a joke...nothing none of us haven't figured out already.

Some people understand that if their company fails, they lose their job. Maybe some people do a little extra here and there to make sure the job gets done as efficiently as possible because .002 cents/minute is a small price to pay out of the annual salary they receive.
I don't think an airline is going to go under if pilots don't use thier cell phones.

DXRick-

Did you ever answer my question....

if a regional pilot was to be ALPA President, should he get a blend of major airline pilot pay (status quo) or a blend of regional pilot pay?

Latest resources

Back