• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who says "Hi" in the terminal?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I say "hi" or wave, or nod to just about every pilot I see- if they're looking my way- and why not? I like to enjoy myself, and I find that if you greet people in a friendly manner, you'll usually get the same response. If not, well, it sucks to be them, I guess.

I used to work the ramp for Fedex about ten years ago, and I remember how the flight crew would basically ignore me or look through me, and I decided I wouldn't do that. So I try to make it a point to look rampers and CSR people in the eye, and say, "hi".
Seems to me that most people respond very favorably, except for a few . . . and, like the few pilots who act the same way, well, it sucks to be them.

Great thread, Enigma (8N?). Wish you worked at AirTran instead of Spirit- it'd make those MKE-MCO legs go much faster.

Hey Ty

You are a pilot now? What happened? Did you end up selling Bush Wood Country Club or what? Amazing, the rodent problem must have really taken it all out you.

I am not an airline pilot, but when I am at the FBO, I do like to say "hi" to the corp guys that have flown in. Its good to be always try to be friendly with others. I am also very friendly to the lines, because hey, they are there to help you, theres just no reason to be rude to them. I enjoy talking with the corp guys alot, you learn bunch and alot of them, will giev you advice etc.

J.

PS - Ty have you seen little Danny Noonan lately?

Ty Webb said:

Great thread, Enigma (8N?). Wish you worked at AirTran instead of Spirit- it'd make those MKE-MCO legs go much faster.

I used 8N on the old board, but wasn't smart enough to make it work for my handle when Mark changed to this one. I've always been sort of a puzzle, so I started using enigma.

regards,
8N

Last edited:
At first I though it was me, but started to see more and more young ASA captains totally ignoring AirTran's guys hellos at food areas in Concourse C on AirTran side...They've got that look like they just got busted trespassing on enemy’s territory:)
Or maybe I just keep seeing those socially challenged once that weren't hugged when they were little...
Lite'n up guys.

I always said that watching a planeload of freighter pilots enter a hotel lobby is like the caddies in the pool scene in Caddyshack....

military

What about those military guys? I see them at the FBO and I've tried to be friendly but I ALWAYS got the cold shoulder.

Freight trash

"So I got that goin for me"

Huck; If you think that's funny, you should see some of us that fly your boxes to BFE one-horse towns in bug smashers. They can smell us coming.;)

At the risk of stereotyping, I've noticed that a Delta pilot in Comair's Concourse C in CVG is one friendly tailwagging dog. On the other hand, on their side of the house over in Concourse B I can hardly get them to blink. :) Relax fellas. I'm just poking a little fun....

Last edited:
Just be cold and hard and have that distant glare in your eye,that will give everyone something to talk about.If you see an ALPA or any other kind of pin move your chaw to the side of your mouth and spit, then wipe the drool from the side of your mouth.

Latest resources

Back