Who says "Hi" in the terminal?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Star

The star on top of the pin means that that member of ALPA has been on strike.
In response to one of the other posters, what does he mean by "the two that got on the list", no Comair pilot crossed the picket line, what he has said is outrageous, as a member of ALPA I would caution him on making any other slanderous remarks.

Unions?

Sh!t, when are you guys going to start argueing over RJ's.

How do you get an airline pilot to show there true colors?

Drum roll please................Just ask a simple question about nothing.

There will be a group on each side of the room fighting for hours.

originally posted by cmrflyer
what does he mean by "the two that got on the list", no Comair pilot crossed the picket line

I think he is refering to the two retired Comair pilots that repositioned two aircraft from BNA to DAY and MCO to CKB. They are on the latest version of the list.

Last edited:
LR 25,
Thank you for bringing some levity into an otherwise depressing thread. Very true indeed

regards,

ex-Navy rotorhead

LR25 said:
Unions?

Sh!t, when are you guys going to start argueing over RJ's.

How do you get an airline pilot to show there true colors?

Drum roll please................Just ask a simple question about nothing.

There will be a group on each side of the room fighting for hours.

You're right, LR. My apologies for contributing to the depression. Kinda reminds me of the old joke: What does an airline pilot say halfway through his date? Well, that's enough about flying, let's talk about me.

In all fairness, it was kind of a loaded question, and was bound to "go there".

C

Hey Proptrash

If you really want to be negative, why not just start another thread and lable it "Who I ignore in the terminal", or something like that.
8N

Csmith,

I didnt hear that one before, thats pretty funny.

Then I bet he says, lets go out to the airport to see some airplanes.

Nobody says Hi to me...

Nobody says Hi to me, the guy wearing Carharts and the flannel shirt, nobody 'cept security that is, 'cause the metal detector loves them brass rivets and my steel toe boots.

Not to mention my tool--Leatherman that is.:D

(AA-This one's for you bud.)

Fly safe
Peace

Going back to the original topic (who says hi in the terminal), I think that anything we can do as pilots to change our perceived image by ground crews as overpaid, underworked, primadonna assholes goes a long way.

I always try to say hi to the CSRs, mechanics, and bag smashers I see walking around the terminal or the ramp. I try to at least give a nod to anyone in a pilot or F/A uniform.

I don't look for an ALPA pin first :rolleyes: because unlike Prop-Trash I have better things to do in life than figure out what all the pilot uniforms are and who might be at an ALPA carrier and not wearing their pin vs who doesn't work at an ALPA carrier and therefore won't even own a pin. Plus I consider APA, SWAPA, etc. to be a perfectly legitimate unions and I don't even know what their pins look like....

Skydiverdriver,
Being through a strike must have been tough and 90 days off without pay is a bitch. No one is arguing with you there. Hopefully you will never be furloughed, cuz 3+ uncertainty-ridden years off without or at greatly reduced pay and quality-of-life (what it will turn out to be for many people) is just as bad. Hey, do I get a special pin from ALPA for being furloughed????

I say hello to everyone I can in uniform and also to alot of folks who arent. I dont look for a pin or count the # of stripes or if the guy is 121/135/91. Life these days in the airline/corporate flying business is hard enough; the least we can do is give each other a courtesious hello. "Cant, cant we all just get along, i mean really, cant we just do that?" LOL

an ACA guy.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back