• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who says "Hi" in the terminal?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Prop Trash... I like your avatar. Imagine the response to baseball arbitration if we could get everyone to give $5/month....

Well, as "freight trash", I'm usually regarded as a second rate pilot. It's all I can do to get a "good evening" reply in some FBOs. It's ironic since all I ask (after buying fuel consistently 5 nights a week) is a place to catch some zzzzs, while I see allot of the corporate guys (no offense) empty the coffee carafe and leave behind a mess on the table as they get the 5 star treatment and bright smiles. Must be the monkey suit.

I just kill 'em with kindness. Heck, I don't even drink their coffee or eat the complimentary cookies or popcorn!:D

While I was freight trash...my biggest thrill was going into the FBO's late at night when all the corporate guys were dead tired and I was just coming alive and stopping in for fuel... the aghast ooks they would give us as we hopped out in our cargo shorts and sweat stained shirts just made me smile...I knew deep down they were jealous. Kind of made me strut just a little more...kind of like Jake and Elwood in the Blues Brothers when they were in that fancy resturant..."How much for the women???"

See ya!
--Seabass

Yeah, gotta love those looks you get. Wearing cargo shorts, sandels, and a t-shirt. They're all sitting around waiting for the weather to pass as your just about to turn and burn. Not saying I'm a lifer but it's sometimes nice to know that the boxes don't give a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**e

Good one Seabass. Definitely something to be said for yankin' and bankin' in jeans and a tee shirt. The plus is that I'll make over 2 times first year regional pay for having fun while only responsible for my own life. It's a backa$$wards world isn't it?

I say hi to everyone, ALPA pin or not (I can't believe that one!). I find that most flight crews return the greetings, but many gate workers do not. I mean, they even seem rude enough not to even notice you said anything. I have heard that some gate agents think pilots are arrogant, and I'm sure some are. However, as a general rule, anytime someone tells you a certain group is all alike in some way, take that advise with grain of salt. Everyone is different, and no groups have individuals who are all alike in every way.

skydiverdriver said:
However, as a general rule, anytime someone tells you a certain group is all alike in some way, take that advise with grain of salt. Everyone is different, and no groups have individuals who are all alike in every way.

A quote: "big heavy drivers thinking they are better than everyone who flies smaller jets." ---SDD

I guess you're making the exception for the big, heavy drivers?

csmith said:

A quote: "big heavy drivers thinking they are better than everyone who flies smaller jets." ---SDD

I guess you're making the exception for the big, heavy drivers?

Good one. ROFLMAO:D

Good one, thanks for calling me on it. However, you took one half of a sentence out of context and the meaning was changed. Here is the entire paragraph...

.......................................................................................................
Oh, and this is of course another example of big heavy drivers thinking they are better than everyone who flies smaller jets. You could have just answered his question without the sarcasm, but I guess some of the things we think about mainline pilots must be true.
.......................................................................................................

I was speaking about one person, and this was a reply to a very rude comment he made, and it was specifically directed toward him.

So, csmith, perhaps you need to be more careful when you try to lie about someone. Don't make it so easy to verify next time. Thanks again for your candor.

Last edited:
Proptrash,
Perhaps you are correct, I might think differently if I worked where you are. I am only speaking for myself, and I have worked at Piedmont who is getting hurt by ALPA right now, and Comair, who went on strike for 89 days with no scabs on our list. This is my fourth airline, but perhaps I don't have enough experience for you to let me decide.

I may choose not to wear an ALPA pin for other reasons, and it does not mean I would ever scab, or only think of myself. My pin has a star on the top of it, what about yours?

Latest resources

Back