Who says "Hi" in the terminal?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Prop Trash,

So, things are less than perfect where you work.

That's unfortunate, but ask yourself; are you really making things better with your daily displays of petulant, immature, hostility?

skydiverdriver said:
Good one, thanks for calling me on it. However, you took one half of a sentence out of context and the meaning was changed. Here is the entire paragraph...

.......................................................................................................
Oh, and this is of course another example of big heavy drivers thinking they are better than everyone who flies smaller jets. You could have just answered his question without the sarcasm, but I guess some of the things we think about mainline pilots must be true.
.......................................................................................................

I was speaking about one person, and this was a reply to a very rude comment he made, and it was specifically directed toward him.

So, csmith, perhaps you need to be more careful when you try to lie about someone. Don't make it so easy to verify next time. Thanks again for your candor.

Right, but here is your other quote:

"Originally posted by skydiverdriver
However, as a general rule, anytime someone tells you a certain group is all alike in some way, take that advise with grain of salt. Everyone is different, and no groups have individuals who are all alike in every way."

So you see it is really not all that different. You are biased against heavy drivers and this was another example. Wiggle wagging doesn't work when you're busted. You slam the heavy drivers, and make you case through one example, actually your opinion mof one example.

CSmith
--glad he is only a 737 driver and not a heavy

ALPA ran out on CAL, it doesn't justify SCABS though, you can have all the ALPA you can swallow.

Don't drink the koolaid...

originally posted by Skydiverdriver
My pin has a star on the top of it, what about yours?

No, my pin does not have a star on it, and I hope it never will. Since yours does have a star, you deserve a special thanks and my sincere gratitude for your three months of sacrafice. Because of the unity and solidarity that you and all of your former colleagues displayed (except for the two that made "the list"), the bar has been raised a bit and we can all benefit from that. My flight case still has the "Get Real" sticker on it and it'll stay there until it disintegrates.

Last edited:
If you are USAir Express pilot, WOed, it keeps them guessing.

And I have a Mainline pin on my hat also, hey, its what PDT issued me, its to much work to get an Express pin.

They have to look real hard to see that I am Piedmont, my I.D. in those real small print "Piedmont Airlines".

I say Hi to everyone while I'm in CLT, I usually get a responce from most guys and gals.

I have had the occasional "steathy" snide remark a couple of times while deadheading in the jumpseat on a mainliner, but I attribute that to the fact I fly an overgrown supercub and have lots of fun while they are pushing buttons and auto landing.

Just kidding, I had to throw that in.

"Everyone is different, and no groups have individuals who are all alike in every way."

You've never spent much time around US Army Ranger officers, have you?

:D

Minh
(Wondering where the Army's cloning lab is located ...)

skydiverdriver said:
Proptrash,
My pin has a star on the top of it, what about yours?

SDD,

We all know your pin has a star. You are quick to remind us everytime the opportunity arises, lest we forget.

I admire your resolve and the attempt you made to hold the line for the regional folk.

Can you let it go now?

Last edited:
Excuse my ignorance, but what does the star mean?

Judging from previous posts, I guess that it represents 90 days of picketing...

Chunk

Prop Trash said:

If you worked where I worked, you'd know that there is a good reason why a pilot chooses not to proudly wear an ALPA pin. These individuals have demonstrated in the past that they care about no one but themselves. Therefore, friendly gestures are reserved for those who may one day will walk in a picket line with me, not the ones who will cross it.

Boy do you have a lot to learn.

A couple of facts for you: In 83, around 400 CAL ALPA members who "proudly wore their ALPA pin" crossed the picket line.

This was followed by another 700 or 800 ex ALPA members of other airlines "who proudly wore an ALPA pin" but crossed our line.

I spent 25 months on strike and I do not wear the ALPA pin (nor any other for that matter). There are a few other full term strikers who do not wear it either.

Point is, a pin does not guarantee anything when it comes to nut crunching time.

I guess I'll do without your friendly nod then. I think I'll live.

Off track

Well the thread is going a little off track, no big deal I thought that it would. Anyway, whether or not you see an ALPA pin on me depends upon whether or not I have on my good tie. I usually reserve it for jumpseating home, but I occasionally manage to catch a flight at the end of a trip and don't have time to change. So don't assume anything by an ALPA pin, or the lack thereof.

regards,
8N

Latest resources

Back