Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is the Pinnacle Captain denying Jumpseat??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If people would follow the checklist and actually check the O2 on shutdown and then write it up at base we would not have this problem outbase. I had the O2 serviced three times this week. It’s no problem to take care of this in base just like the book says. Once out of base it really is difficult to get it serviced when it’s well within limits for a crew of two.

If the initials of the Captain are either RN or HS, then it's not a surprise. Both guys have been denying jumpseats for years. RN even denies jumpseats for fellow Pinnacle pilots.

R.N. also leaves the airplanes in a total mess. It was like an easter egg hunt with an evil sim check airman whenever I would take an airplane from him.

I've gotta say, I use Pinnacle and NWA mainline almost exclusively to get to work out of DTW. I have always been treated very well, whether in the front or the back. I've had crews go out of their way to get me on. I've always appreciated what they have done and it makes my commute a little less stressful.

Now, some of the gate agents in DTW (for Pinnacle)are another story altogether.

those gate agents in DTW are mesaba employees, but if they were pinnacle they would probably do the same thing

Just because a discrepancy is deferred with an MEL doesn't mean the CA has to accept it. Nothing trumps the CA's right to refuse to accept an aircraft with discrepancies, even with valid deferrals.

BTW, I know you're not necessarily defending this person, just pointing out the facts, but I get a little weary of people who act like they have to accept an aircraft because, after all, the discrepancy in question is deferred.

ha ha hahahahahahahaha ha ha ha,

you obviously don't work for peanuckle airlines ,,, captains authority? really? it just is not that simple anymore, welcome to deregulation.

Just because a discrepancy is deferred with an MEL doesn't mean the CA has to accept it. Nothing trumps the CA's right to refuse to accept an aircraft with discrepancies, even with valid deferrals.

If A CA refuses a flight because of a defered item MX will go to the dispatch supervisor and ask him - can this flight comply with all the MEL limitations? If the answer is 'yes' the CA better have a VERY good explanation. If he doesn't he just scheduled his next oral and PC in the next few days. If he is lucky it will be dealt with by the CP office with a suspension.

The CP office at Pinnacle does very strongly support CA authority on safety problems. However, they just as strongly discipline the few CA's that abuse it.

I heard a 9E captain denied the jumpseat to a Mesaba guy trying to get home to DSM this weekend? Is this true? His excuse (as told by the FO who had to deliver the bad news to the pilot standing at the gate) was they did not have enough O2. Is that true. Not enough O2. Is this a common problem with the CRJ 200? What a tool...

The O2 problem is easily overlooked to accommodate the JS. (unless it is FAA) lol

This guy is an ass if that is the case.

If A CA refuses a flight because of a defered item MX will go to the dispatch supervisor and ask him - can this flight comply with all the MEL limitations? If the answer is 'yes' the CA better have a VERY good explanation. If he doesn't he just scheduled his next oral and PC in the next few days. If he is lucky it will be dealt with by the CP office with a suspension.

The CP office at Pinnacle does very strongly support CA authority on safety problems. However, they just as strongly discipline the few CA's that abuse it.

That they support the captains authority, is the offical policy. Unoffically they will decide what that will be. By the way you misspelled Peanuckle.

Just a note from the mods:

NO personal information
about others or members of the forums, except by Websitemaster/Moderator exception, may be posted.

The areas outlined below contain expected behavior by all participants. Failure to comply with these may result in editing, warnings and/or banishment from the forum.

Latest resources

Back