Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is the biggest loser you have flown with?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well Ive read them all, and so far it looks like Im the only one who thinks Im a loser. Im sure there are some pilots that just haven't posted yet that have flown with me.

I had an FO do the shittest landing Ive ever been a part of with great weather, he looks at me after and said "that wasn't that bad, I don't know why you got so scared?" WTF at least I can admit it when I screw up.

FastCargo said:
I don't tend to look badly at people who love aviation (aviation hobbies, pictures of planes, flight simulators, etc)...we all have things we are passionate about.

I also don't mind people who stroke their own egos (personalized license plates come to mind). It's not like most guys don't want the hot chick, fast car, big truck, money, or some other thing to inflate their self image.

Even complete uniforms in non-airport locations are okay (ie to and from the airport, like getting a lunch before going to work). However, if you are going to wear the uniform, you should (with maybe the exception of the hat) either wear it correctly or don't bother. A guy with the pants, belt, shirt, but no epalets or tie looks like...a dude with some sort of incomplete uniform. Think about it...how many non-job associated button up shirts have epalets? And no, I don't point that out to people...just a personal standard I set for myself.

Loser pilot I've flown with? I've been pretty happy with everyone I've flown with.

With one (okay 2) exceptions...a married couple. She's a captain and he's an F/O, thank god they've left the DC-10 and are now in the Airbus.

She did SO many things non-standard, not unsafe, but non-standard...and would get pissed at me if I attempted to do the 'standard' thing. Oh, I'm sorry, I couldn't do it your way because YOU DIDN'T BRIEF ME (wait, maybe you couldn't because by the time you briefed me on EVERYTHING you do non-standard, we'd have already landed)!

He tended to know what was going on...right up until a second item would intrude...then HE couldn't keep up. Arrivals and departures were fun with this guy...100% saturated at rotation. Also, he had a fetish against plastic water bottles. He actually threatened my career because I would 'flex' water bottles unintentionally ('crack, crack'). Okay, yes I knew he couldn't actually do anything, but get a grip dude!

That one trip (which is usually a nice week long trip) was a nightmare. It is the ONLY time since I have been with the company I SERIOUSLY considered going sick in the middle of a trip. I also made a notation that if I was ever assigned a trip with either one of them, that I would drop, go sick, or something. They're both pretty senior though, so I suspect I'll never fly with them again.

I thought maybe it was just me until I was chatting with my crashpad roomie and all I mentioned was about flying with a DC-10 couple that i didn't enjoy. Before I proceeded any farther, he guessed the couple's name...because he had a similar experience with them.

Okay, I feel better having vented...rant over.

FastCargo

They're (the married couple) initials wouldn't happen to be M.D. and S.D. and they wouldn't happen to own a couple of old Warbirds and a small airport just outside of the FedEx base in TN would they? And the woman wouldn't happen to have flown for the AF prior to crossing into the purple? I think i've got an idea who you're getting at and that's too funny. PM me

FastCargo said:
I don't tend to look badly at people who love aviation (aviation hobbies, pictures of planes, flight simulators, etc)...we all have things we are passionate about.

I also don't mind people who stroke their own egos (personalized license plates come to mind). It's not like most guys don't want the hot chick, fast car, big truck, money, or some other thing to inflate their self image.

Even complete uniforms in non-airport locations are okay (ie to and from the airport, like getting a lunch before going to work). However, if you are going to wear the uniform, you should (with maybe the exception of the hat) either wear it correctly or don't bother. A guy with the pants, belt, shirt, but no epalets or tie looks like...a dude with some sort of incomplete uniform. Think about it...how many non-job associated button up shirts have epalets? And no, I don't point that out to people...just a personal standard I set for myself.

Loser pilot I've flown with? I've been pretty happy with everyone I've flown with.

With one (okay 2) exceptions...a married couple. She's a captain and he's an F/O, thank god they've left the DC-10 and are now in the Airbus.

She did SO many things non-standard, not unsafe, but non-standard...and would get pissed at me if I attempted to do the 'standard' thing. Oh, I'm sorry, I couldn't do it your way because YOU DIDN'T BRIEF ME (wait, maybe you couldn't because by the time you briefed me on EVERYTHING you do non-standard, we'd have already landed)!

He tended to know what was going on...right up until a second item would intrude...then HE couldn't keep up. Arrivals and departures were fun with this guy...100% saturated at rotation. Also, he had a fetish against plastic water bottles. He actually threatened my career because I would 'flex' water bottles unintentionally ('crack, crack'). Okay, yes I knew he couldn't actually do anything, but get a grip dude!

That one trip (which is usually a nice week long trip) was a nightmare. It is the ONLY time since I have been with the company I SERIOUSLY considered going sick in the middle of a trip. I also made a notation that if I was ever assigned a trip with either one of them, that I would drop, go sick, or something. They're both pretty senior though, so I suspect I'll never fly with them again.

I thought maybe it was just me until I was chatting with my crashpad roomie and all I mentioned was about flying with a DC-10 couple that i didn't enjoy. Before I proceeded any farther, he guessed the couple's name...because he had a similar experience with them.

Okay, I feel better having vented...rant over.

FastCargo

LOL...enjoyed that commentary very much..thank you.:)

An instructor I knew used to fly around with this Hasidic student pilot that would carry a portable TCAS with him and would call out traffic incessantly.

Wankel7 said:
Uhhh, there is a right way and a wrong way to handle things....

How do you think you are doing? Things are not as anonymous as you might think there slick...

Assuming you are talking about my post, you're right, there was a better way to handle a situation like this.

However, first, I had to confirm it wasn't just me (it wasn't...not by a LONG shot). Secondly, we no longer have a 'Negative Airmen's List'. Third, they've moved on out of the 10. Fourth, who honestly cares? If they were doing something unsafe or illegal...sure, up the chain I go. This falls into the 'very annoying but ultimately trivial' category...sorta like flightinfo.com most of the time! :)

FastCargo

There's a certain captain who works at Shuttle America, who used to work at Colgan, who, at one time, had an outgoing message on his voicemail that said something like, "Hi, I can't take your call right now because the cabin door is closed, and the use of cell phones is not authorized at this time."

We also had an ASA doofus who showed up at 11:15 church a few months ago in uniform.

Last edited:
the charter guy who was so despised by the CFIs they turned down ME time because they didn't want to fly with him. his attitude cost the company clients and they eventually went under. he didn;t care because he got on with a frac outfit.

i had a CA once who told a story about wanting his wife's hamster dead and sincerly meant it.

Great pilot, great CA......but kinda creepy

CFI when i started my PPL - kept showing me his certificates and talking about how he was typed in a 747, 757,767,737,727...Finally, I asked him why he was working for $10 an hour when he could be flying for a major...His answer - he wanted to go direct "VFR to the CA position" didn't want to tool around as an FO for years...

CFI that had been at it for 6 years waiting for the big break- didn't want to relocate because california was too nice a place and he didn't want to leave....had been working for $10 an hour for 6 years , had 1,000 SE time when I met him, no ME time except min to get rating...He finally decided to join the police department...

Retired AF O6 - didn't like it when people wouldn't stand when talking to him and no one called him Col xxx anymore...I met him- my father worked with him - good pilot just couldn't leave the rank and active duty behind...Company fired him for bad attitude and he now owns a gas station in Michigan...

My old flight CC- we were running one morning and he thought we were on the active runway...we were on the access road to the air base, the cars should have been the first clue, the road signs and markings the second and third. Runway was 2 miles to the east, C5 on approach flying overhead was another big clue.....Anyway, he's now at UPT - wants to fly F-22s....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back