Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is the biggest loser you have flown with?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I flew with a LtCol in the air force that would always try to skip out on paying for his box lunch. typically the loadmasters take the order on the crew bus the day before and collect the money for the meals on the bus on the way out to the plane the next day. when it comes time to collect for the meals, everyone pays except this guy. He tells me he paid me yesterday. At the time I was new, my instructor knew this guy pulled that crap all the time and told me to just cancel his order. About halfway through our 8 hour flight he comes looking for his box lunch. He paid every time for the rest of the trip.

Just walk thru the FLL employee parking lot and you will see all those plates still!!!

cracks me up, especially the jetblue ones

Hygienically Challenged Copilot

Hoping to keep this thread going by tossing in a story about one eccentric copilot (dubbed “Pigpen”) who took up space in our squadron once. Nastiest non-third-world college grad I ever flew with (and thankfully, just once). He was assigned to a crew for a 10-day TDY out to some drop zone somewhere and on departure day, one of the loadmasters tells Pigpen that he’s driving out to load up the plane now but that he can’t locate Pig’s bags among the rest of the crew’s. Pigpen says, “I got it right here,” and holds up a (1/one) standard issue G.I. helmet bag that appeared to contain almost nothing. On day 6 or so, the other loadmaster, having noticed that Pigpen had worn a black Hooters T-shirt under his flight suit everyday thus far (the top of the “OO” was just visible), asked if he collected Hooters T-shirts from different cities or something. Pig proudly unzips his flight suit to reveal the rest of the logo and says, “Naah; I just got this one I bought a few years ago.” :eek:

NuGuy said:
You have to take it easy on these type of guys. Todays junior airplane geek might be tomorrows chief pilot...the one that's interviewing YOU.

Nu

*Exactly*- and that is the exact type of person who becomes a chief pilot- in fact many of the tools described here are chief pilot candidates....

While instructing full time I had a guy come out to take lessons and after a few flights started telling me that when he was a kid he "designed" aircraft. Transient pilots would see them and comment about them. Soon after "designing" one with a canard, Rutan introduced the VariEz. So Rutan must have seen his design and copied it! Then he proceeded to tell me that he also had a design for a time machine! :eek:

Thankfully this guy is no longer flying that I'm aware of.

Oh yea, he also legally changed his name so he could have the initials EZ! :rolleyes:

I met a flight instructor in Macon Georgia that told his students that they should become flight instructors until they get their ATP. That way when they go to the regionals they can log it all as PIC time. Even a private applicant knew he was full of it, but he still sticks to his guns.
Here is another one, I heard about a FO that got a a lil drunk on a long over night and had a one night stand with his captain (A woman). Later asked if he could get fired for it, he responded, they would never fire me after the moves I made on her.

OK, got a real champion for ya'll here, this flight instructor at my school left the fuel cap half tightened on the Seminole. Well, it came off in flight, some fuel sloshed onto the headers and some smoke came out, he delcared an emergency and landed back here; BUT, the gold medal goes to him for taxing the airplane from the runway directly to the fuel pump. CHAMPIONSHIP......DOH!

P.S. he's currently an FO for CHQ....have fun

bump! Keep it going!!! This is great!!!!

I don't tend to look badly at people who love aviation (aviation hobbies, pictures of planes, flight simulators, etc)...we all have things we are passionate about.

I also don't mind people who stroke their own egos (personalized license plates come to mind). It's not like most guys don't want the hot chick, fast car, big truck, money, or some other thing to inflate their self image.

Even complete uniforms in non-airport locations are okay (ie to and from the airport, like getting a lunch before going to work). However, if you are going to wear the uniform, you should (with maybe the exception of the hat) either wear it correctly or don't bother. A guy with the pants, belt, shirt, but no epalets or tie looks like...a dude with some sort of incomplete uniform. Think about it...how many non-job associated button up shirts have epalets? And no, I don't point that out to people...just a personal standard I set for myself.

Loser pilot I've flown with? I've been pretty happy with everyone I've flown with.

With one (okay 2) exceptions...a married couple. She's a captain and he's an F/O, thank god they've left the DC-10 and are now in the Airbus.

She did SO many things non-standard, not unsafe, but non-standard...and would get pissed at me if I attempted to do the 'standard' thing. Oh, I'm sorry, I couldn't do it your way because YOU DIDN'T BRIEF ME (wait, maybe you couldn't because by the time you briefed me on EVERYTHING you do non-standard, we'd have already landed)!

He tended to know what was going on...right up until a second item would intrude...then HE couldn't keep up. Arrivals and departures were fun with this guy...100% saturated at rotation. Also, he had a fetish against plastic water bottles. He actually threatened my career because I would 'flex' water bottles unintentionally ('crack, crack'). Okay, yes I knew he couldn't actually do anything, but get a grip dude!

That one trip (which is usually a nice week long trip) was a nightmare. It is the ONLY time since I have been with the company I SERIOUSLY considered going sick in the middle of a trip. I also made a notation that if I was ever assigned a trip with either one of them, that I would drop, go sick, or something. They're both pretty senior though, so I suspect I'll never fly with them again.

I thought maybe it was just me until I was chatting with my crashpad roomie and all I mentioned was about flying with a DC-10 couple that i didn't enjoy. Before I proceeded any farther, he guessed the couple's name...because he had a similar experience with them.

Okay, I feel better having vented...rant over.

FastCargo

Uhhh, there is a right way and a wrong way to handle things....

How do you think you are doing? Things are not as anonymous as you might think there slick...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back