Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is Skywest pilot in Utah who was in USAToday Editorials on FRI?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

I'll tell you what he will be: a lifer at Skywest. Did anyone read what he stated about "experience" levels? He claimed a regional pilot who flies into mountain towns with short runways and "2 miles visability" have more "experience" than mainline pilots who fly LAX to JFK. Say WHAT? I am glad he gave his full name too, that is one less guy I have to compete with to get my future legacy job. Talk about a bonehead move. A friend of mine at a legacy already said people there were posting that editorial comment on the wall of the crew lounge. He better get used to living in Utah for the rest of his life, and getting some "Big Love" action. LOL!

I am glad he gave his full name too, that is one less guy I have to compete with to get my future legacy job. Talk about a bonehead move.

Okay this part i dont get. Say the guy isn't a lifer, and goes and applies at DAL three years from now, what about appearing in a newspaper is going to stop him from getting the job?

Is anybody going to remember some random name 1 or 3 years from now? Let alone the people making hiring decisions?

Okay this part i dont get. Say the guy isn't a lifer, and goes and applies at DAL three years from now, what about appearing in a newspaper is going to stop him from getting the job?

Is anybody going to remember some random name 1 or 3 years from now? Let alone the people making hiring decisions?

Never put your name in a National newspaper for every airline pilot to read, and then make fun of mainline experience. This guy has no brain, or didn't think of the ramifications. I don't think it was very smart, and maybe a backround check, even on Google, would bring up that editorial comment.

I'll trust my life to the pilot who flies four or five times a day to an airport that has a short runway in the mountains with 2 miles of visibility over the pilot who takes off from Los Angeles International Airport

The words "as much as" would have sounded better.

Yes they will remember. Also with modern technology you are only a google search away.

Never put your name in a National newspaper for every airline pilot to read, and then make fun of mainline experience. This guy has no brain, or didn't think of the ramifications. I don't think it was very smart, and maybe a backround check, even on Google, would bring up that editorial comment.

Just wondering how long you have been in this industry for? How long have you been on these boards?
Years ago there was a Chicago Express pilot who slammed Mayor Dick Daley and their destruction of Meigs Field in Chicago, and how the flow from that airport is now jamming up Midway. He also called out the airlines based in the city for not confronting the Mayor about it.
The guys here on FI.com said his career was over, he would never work anywhere ever again. ATA's CEO and VP called for this guys job to be terminated because he attacked ATA , the Mayor and at the end of the article signed his whole name.
Absolutely nothing happened to this guy, except for a talking to from the VP of C8. Last I heard, he's LUVin life on the 737.

You think with the 100,000's of resumes that the airlines receive when the hire date opens, they will be looking for this guys name on the resume? Do you even think really look at the guys name when sending him an interview date? Out of all the HR personal that each airline has, all of them will have heard of this story? And let's say they have. You think the HR people or the pilots doing the interview will really care what this guy said about who is more experienced? These guys doing interviews know that pilots are very opinionated and some pilots have very whacky opinions.

It was a bad way to word it. He could have said that the regional guys fly into those conditions on a daily basis, where a mainline guy might do it once or twice a month...if at all, I don't know what their routes are over there.

This isn't even a bad thing he said, but obviously you are offended by it. Do you feel inferior to those SKW pilots? How about you contact the writer of the article and tell him what you think. Or you can just call Bob at Enzyte, try his product. If it works, your inferior complex should go away. If not, well I suggest an armour suit if your skin is so thin.

Latest resources

Back