Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is Skywest pilot in Utah who was in USAToday Editorials on FRI?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes they will remember. Also with modern technology you are only a google search away.

That's if they remember this guys name when the hiring spree starts again, which is years away. HR peeps and pilots meet thousands of people a year, they don't remember everyones names.
So that is going to require a google search for that SKW pilot, which in about a year or two, you will need to have a pretty accurate quote from the article, otherwise it's going to be buried under a lot of cyber garbage. They will find it will time though.....but not sure if you know any HR people.
HR and pilots on the hiring board are busy people. They don't just sit around and google all of the applicants names. People slip by. I'm sure you've asked yourself about a couple of guys "How did this guy ever get hired?".

One of my ex's working HR at the same airline as I. You know how many pilots inform HR and VP of Op's, that Joe Shmoe has applied, and the guy is a complete scum bag? How many times Joe Shmoe slips through the cracks and get hired? For example, my first airline, this kid applied and when word got around he was trying to get hired, there had to be atleast 10-15 pilots who warned HR about him. When they found out he was offered a class date, almost every single SIU alumni called HR and the VP and told them how they just made the biggest mistake, and they couldn't have been more correct. The pilots nick named him "Mr. MyDadisaCaptainAtUnited".

I'll tell you what he will be: a lifer at Skywest. Did anyone read what he stated about "experience" levels? He claimed a regional pilot who flies into mountain towns with short runways and "2 miles visability" have more "experience" than mainline pilots who fly LAX to JFK. Say WHAT? I am glad he gave his full name too, that is one less guy I have to compete with to get my future legacy job. Talk about a bonehead move. A friend of mine at a legacy already said people there were posting that editorial comment on the wall of the crew lounge. He better get used to living in Utah for the rest of his life, and getting some "Big Love" action. LOL!

Shut up, nancy.

eP.

True, just a bad choice of words. Lets move on people.

The flying is more challenging, but to say they have more experience is false.

At Mesaba we have several hundred pilots with more experience than Delta Mainline pilots. Why is the so hard to believe. I will give you the AVERAGE experience level may be higher at mainline but there are many pilots at Comair, Mesaba, Eagle that have more experience than mainline guys.

Why you gotta crucify a guy for pointing out a fact. People are freaked out bye everything they read in the USA today. Why not provide some facts about regional carriers that have experienced crews, flying small aircraft into small communities. At Mesaba yes we did have some very low time Fo's, but that was offset by the fact that the average time for Captains was almost 10 years. We did have some street Captains, 20 ish I believe, but all of them had many years experience at other regionals like Eagle.

Where Robert Loutzenhiser is wrong is the legacy airlines have 70 years of training and multinational corporations' budget to fund it. Throwing your fellow pilots under the bus is bad form. We are all in this together.

Where he is right is, regional pilots are probably the hardest working pilots and most resourceful. There is something to be said of a wanna be pilot that sets him/herself up to be underpaid and overwork.... and consistently does the job safely over and over. That is impressive.

Last edited:
At Mesaba we have several hundred pilots with more experience than Delta Mainline pilots. Why is the so hard to believe. I will give you the AVERAGE experience level may be higher at mainline but there are many pilots at Comair, Mesaba, Eagle that have more experience than mainline guys.

Of course you are going to have experienced pilots at the regionals, common sense will tell you that. I was referring to pilot groups as a whole. Don't forget that many mainline pilots went thru the ranks as regional pilots, flying lesser sophisticated equipment in the same conditions. Look at the vast majority of pilots from each group (CA and FO) and you will see that the experience levels are higher at mainline (which doenst mean regional pilots are inexperienced, well, some are).

So I stand by my above statement,

t Mesaba yes we did have some very low time Fo's, but that was offset by the fact that the average time for Captains was almost 10 years. We did have some street Captains, 20 ish I believe, but all of them had many years experience at other regionals like Eagle.

Offsetting experience levels? Your rationalization on the matter is scary. So 10 yrs experience beats out over 40 yrs + at mainline (combined crew)?!?!

I'll tell you what he will be: a lifer at Skywest. LOL! He better get used to living in Utah for the rest of his life, and getting some "Big Love" action. Did anyone read what he stated about "experience" levels? A friend of mine at a legacy already said people there were posting that editorial comment on the wall of the crew lounge. Say WHAT? Talk about a bonehead move. I am glad he gave his full name too, that is one less guy I have to compete with to get my future legacy job.

Reread this post. Is that what you said? Any bets USA Today did the same thing?

Only Mr. Loutzenhiser and the editorial Editor know exactly what was written.

eP.

Latest resources

Back