Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who is Skywest pilot in Utah who was in USAToday Editorials on FRI?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll tell you what he will be: a lifer at Skywest. Did anyone read what he stated about "experience" levels? He claimed a regional pilot who flies into mountain towns with short runways and "2 miles visability" have more "experience" than mainline pilots who fly LAX to JFK. Say WHAT? I am glad he gave his full name too, that is one less guy I have to compete with to get my future legacy job. Talk about a bonehead move. A friend of mine at a legacy already said people there were posting that editorial comment on the wall of the crew lounge. He better get used to living in Utah for the rest of his life, and getting some "Big Love" action. LOL!

Judging by some of the genius questions you ask all across the boards here on FI ,one might argue you are the bonehead that will be a lifer at the regionals. I am sure folks in HR at all the legacy carriers are tripping over themselves to give you a job after reading your posts here on FI.

At Mesaba we have several hundred pilots with more experience than Delta Mainline pilots. Why is the so hard to believe. I will give you the AVERAGE experience level may be higher at mainline but there are many pilots at Comair, Mesaba, Eagle that have more experience than mainline guys.

Soo....using that logic, Alaska Airlines pilots are the best pilots because we do all the above. a day might be depart DCA, fly to SEA, then onto JNU....

:D

seriously, that article was retarded. :rolleyes:

Mookie

Wisdom versus Experience. I would have to go with Confucius' saying. I believe that wisdom is the understanding of the lessons within experiences. Imitation may be the easiest, but until we actually imitate and make it our own experience it has no reality. Reflection is the ability to convert the abstract into the practical.
The words ‘experience’ and ‘wisdom’ go hand in hand. The difference between the two is that only experience gives us the ability to take and see things in little more right away.

By the way, lame post.

Who reads the USA Today anyway? I get all my facts from reading FI!!

Last edited:
Shut up, nancy.

eP.

Sounds like you are the guy. Never, ever, slam people on a national media site if you ever want to get a job anywhere else. Heck, I don't mind if he wants to do it, it gives me a better shot at a better job someday. He, I mean you, shot yourself in the foot. I hope you like Utah.

Robert Loutz%$###$$#? - Tooele, Utah
As a regional pilot, I have a big problem with the statement that "standards often are not as rigorous as the bigger airlines' " in the article "Air tragedy could lead to better pilot training." In aviation we all use one book for our rules and regulation: the Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR).
All airlines — in fact, all pilots — use FAR. Numbers don't always matter regarding experience. I'll trust my life to the pilot who flies four or five times a day to an airport that has a short runway in the mountains with 2 miles of visibility over the pilot who takes off from Los Angeles International Airport, flies direct to John F. Kennedy International Airport, and goes to his hotel without a care in the world. Who would you say has more experience?

I think he (you) needs to shut up, nancy.

Last edited:
Wisdom versus Experience. I would have to go with Confucius' saying. I believe that wisdom is the understanding of the lessons within experiences. Imitation may be the easiest, but until we actually imitate and make it our own experience it has no reality. Reflection is the ability to convert the abstract into the practical.
The words ‘experience’ and ‘wisdom’ go hand in hand. The difference between the two is that only experience gives us the ability to take and see things in little more right away.

By the way, lame post.

Who reads the USA Today anyway? I get all my facts from reading FI!!

Problem is, most pilots read USAToday on trips. It's free at most hotels, and throwing your name out there isn't smart, unless you like your current situation. And, comparing experience between a mainline captain who probably has plenty of experience and time in similar situations (including being shot at in the military maybe) earlier in his/her career, and now enjoying one leg transcons, is short sighted on the Utah career pilot. Just because the mainline guy is enjoying life now, doesn't mean he didn't pay his dues before, which gave him better experience than the newby FO who flies to Sun Valley alot, and Idaho Falls.

Judging by some of the genius questions you ask all across the boards here on FI ,one might argue you are the bonehead that will be a lifer at the regionals. I am sure folks in HR at all the legacy carriers are tripping over themselves to give you a job after reading your posts here on FI.

I have interests in many parts of this industry, and I am keeping my options open, something this Utah guy may have prevented here. Also, I have friends at different legacies, and plenty of PIC now on the ERJ. That, while keeping my nose clean and out of national newspapers, means I have a good shot at meeting my personal goals, which is to leave the regional industry for better things. I can't wait. And, my name isn't really johnsonrod. I keep it anonymous, unlike the Utah fella.

Reread this post. Is that what you said? Any bets USA Today did the same thing?

Only Mr. Loutzenhiser and the editorial Editor know exactly what was written.

eP.

What's behind the grassy knoll? BTW, we never did land on the moon, it was all done in Hollywood.

At Mesaba we have several hundred pilots with more experience than Delta Mainline pilots. Why is the so hard to believe. I will give you the AVERAGE experience level may be higher at mainline but there are many pilots at Comair, Mesaba, Eagle that have more experience than mainline guys.

Why you gotta crucify a guy for pointing out a fact. People are freaked out bye everything they read in the USA today. Why not provide some facts about regional carriers that have experienced crews, flying small aircraft into small communities. At Mesaba yes we did have some very low time Fo's, but that was offset by the fact that the average time for Captains was almost 10 years. We did have some street Captains, 20 ish I believe, but all of them had many years experience at other regionals like Eagle.

Can your dad beat up my dad? So you are saying the bottom 100 Delta pilots are less experienced than the top 100 Mesaba pilots? Were there any flowthrough pilots up to Northwest from Mesaba? Weren't they the most senior at Mesaba? So, in reality, the top guys went to be the bottom at Northwest, and they are still more experienced than the guys they left at Mesaba, since they are now at Delta? I got it now. What? Your logic is weak. Senior pilots at every airline usually have some experience.

Do you guys really enjoy making sure someone else goes down in flames.. didn't he already make a public statement and do enough on his own..?? whats the point of this thead?? Just let it go before it gets out of hand here on FI..

Seriously.

johnsonrod (how appropriate), it' time to stop. You have no idea what you're talking about, and you're embarrassing yourself. At least I'm embarassed for you.

He should have said he was Prater - the reporter would have no idea and watching the ALPA butthole pucker would be too funny

Latest resources

Back