Who are the better pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SeaSpray said:
Truth is FAIPs are already well behind their contemporaries by the time thy get to their fighter unit.

Don't remind me. All my pilot training bros are on their way to the CAF to go do the mission, and I'm stuck in AETC. It's enough to drive a man to drink. :(

Fury 220 at least you are in a place you can go have that drink

pilotyip said:

Truth.

pilotyip said:

The Ops Town bar at Al Udeid served a variety of "drinks". Yeah, you're limited to three but who's counting :beer: .

Fury220 said:
Don't remind me. All my pilot training bros are on their way to the CAF to go do the mission, and I'm stuck in AETC. It's enough to drive a man to drink. :(

Fury,

Yea, but your buddies are now targeted for an Alpha tour somewhere later on...you know, going back to AETC, or ALO, or even UAVs. You won't have that problem because you'll have filled that square.

FastCargo

FastCargo said:
Fury,

Yea, but your buddies are now targeted for an Alpha tour somewhere later on...you know, going back to AETC, or ALO, or even UAVs. You won't have that problem because you'll have filled that square.

FastCargo

Or you could do three ops tours and go the Guard when they try to stick you with an ALFA like I did last year. I quit to join the Guard...and now my Guard unit is transitioning to F/A-22s.

I know...there is no justice.

But seriously, I know it wasn't a choice to be FAIP'ed (not usually), but there are a multitude of ways to dodge the ALFA tour down the road. The bros that come late to fighters are waaaay behind the Lt's that went right in, and it's rare that it actually evens out in the end. It sucks, but that's the way the system is set up right now.

MAGNUM!! said:
The bros that come late to fighters are waaaay behind the Lt's that went right in, and it's rare that it actually evens out in the end. It sucks, but that's the way the system is set up right now.

Dam :(

Latest resources

Back