Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh brother...here we go.

Rez O. Lewshun said:
The F-4 is one bad as5 jet...... of course it was made for the Navy..... The AF flew it later.....

The Astronaut program is one of the most competitive if the not THE most competitive in the world. If Chimps and Dogs are riding in compter controlled rockets then why aren't there more Air Force Space Cadets?

Now, the F-18 is one bad-as5 jet, I mean...oh, wait a minute... I forgot for a second. The YF-18 lost the USAF flyoff to the F-16. At least the Navy picked up our castoff. And the F-18 has been losing to the Viper ever since....

MAGNUM!! said:
Now, the F-18 is one bad-as5 jet, I mean...oh, wait a minute... I forgot for a second. The YF-18 lost the USAF flyoff to the F-16. At least the Navy picked up our castoff. And the F-18 has been losing to the Viper ever since....

The NAVY prefers twin engine jets.

Just in case one gets all shot to hell, the other will get the crew closer to the boat.

Ejecting at sea is a whole nuther animal than ejecting over grammas back yard.

Last edited:
MAGNUM!! said:

Don't know too much about that.....

Remember if you need a military presence right NOW. call the Navy... if you've got a few weeks, Call the United States Flying Club (aka USAF).

I will say you guys have really really nice Golf Courses. I mean nice. Really nice. One could say the USAF has pretty golf courses.....

Rez O. Lewshun said:

Remember if you need a military presence right NOW. call the Navy... if you've got a few weeks, Call the United States Flying Club (aka USAF).

I will say you guys have really really nice Golf Courses. I mean nice. Really nice. One could say the USAF has pretty golf courses.....

B-2...anywhere in the world = hours.

Aircraft carrier...anywhere in the world = days / weeks.

I don't understand how this is confusing.

Fury220 said:
B-2...anywhere in the world = hours.

Aircraft carrier...anywhere in the world = days / weeks.

I don't understand how this is confusing.

The comparison was made a while back. In the time it took a B-2 to get from Missouri to Afghanistan, ONE Tomcat going back and forth to the boat could drop more iron. Military action dosen't just HAPPEN. If the crap hits the fan somewhere, a battle group is gonna be off the beach within days, if not hours. However if we need to knock out air defense/infastructure with minimal loss over a heavily defended target (say like North Korea?) then B-2's will earn the billions spent on them. Other wise, they just go east for a piece of the action. I can't imagine the logistics and money it takes to refuel and fly B-2's from Missouri to XXXX and back again (or to Diego). B-52's have been hellofa much better asset than -2's.

Rez O. Lewshun said:

I'll tell that to all the USAF bros that have spent months and months forward deployed since 1991. You don't seem to know much about the whole "Global reach, Global power" thing. Of course, what that really meant to us was "Forward deployed, Global power." At least to all the non-B-2 buds.

I have alot of respect for Navy fighter guys, but I hate to break it to you that they're a dying breed. The overwhelming majority of newly winged Naval Aviators are going to helicopters. Yes, choppers.

I'd like to make a smart comment about Navy airpower being available right NOW to fight abroad, but too many of the chopper guys are plucking people off rooftops in the Gulf Coast. A noble mission, but it ain't dropping bombs.

We still fly Tomcats?? I merged with one high aspect a few years ago in W-122. I think he's still turning....

MAGNUM!! said:
I'll tell that to all the USAF bros that have spent months and months forward deployed since 1991. You don't seem to know much about the whole "Global reach, Global power" thing. Of course, what that really meant to us was "Forward deployed, Global power." At least to all the non-B-2 buds. ....

Global Reach Global Power is the USAF political battle Cry to put the navy out of business...

The fact is we need the AF and the Navy.....

Confirm or deny.... The AF Charter states to rid of the navy...

And what is with all those required Officer Club memberships back in the day?

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Global Reach Global Power is the USAF political battle Cry to put the navy out of business...

The fact is we need the AF and the Navy.....

Confirm or deny.... The AF Charter states to rid of the navy...

And what is with all those required Officer Club memberships back in the day?

We do need 'em both, and I was sworn to secrecy about our dastardly plot to rid the US of all things Navy.

I think it was required at some of the more high profile bases, like Langley. Every now and then a new Wing CC would come in and "strongly suggest" everyone join. Then they started issuing those stupid credit cards. I haven't been a member of a club since '98.

Latest resources

Back