Who are the better pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rez O. Lewshun said:
Re read my post...... I did a pre-emptive strike on your repsonse....

It's all about the show......

Check your headgear...the only time the 'show' matters is hitting a TOT and putting steel on target.

Rez O. Lewshun said:
I could discuss tailhooks and carrier avaition in general, but it really isn't fair....

The bold in the previous quotes above is my emphasis, not Rez O. Lewshun's. Which leads us to the next point...

We could discuss spelling, too, but I have a feeling Rez O. Lewshun's demonstrated skill in that area is equivilent to the amount of actual knowledge and, more importantly, first hand experience it has in naval aviation.

I would love to hear you expound on 'tailhooks and carrier avaition (sic)' to your hearts content. You are amusing, I'll give you that!

Rez O. Lewshun said:
USAF...... Nothing but an over funded Flying Club

No, that's the Guard, and I resemble that remark.

Rez O. Lewshun.....making all attempts at throwing out the flame bait, but getting owned every time!

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Hmm Marines.... Yeah I got The Great Santini in my Netflix que... A great movie. Lot's of analogies there for raising kids.....

(My two kids were acting up real bad... so I lined them up in front of the house...Santini style......)

I hope that is sarcasm that doesn't translate well on the net, otherwise I feel sorry for your kids...

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Aren't the Marines a Dept. of the Navy.....

The Marines are under the Department of the Navy, if that's what you mean.

Rez - what is it agains the AF??? I can understand a little friendy rivalry but your profile doesn't seem to indicate any Navy experience. You seem to have it pretty hard up against the men in blue. What's the deal? Get turned down at the recruiter? Live near an AF base? Ex-boyfriend an Eagle driver? What gives??

AIR2MUD said:
Check your headgear...the only time the 'show' matters is hitting a TOT and putting steel on target. !

I hope that is sarcasm that doesn't translate well on the net, otherwise I feel sorry for your kids...

Cool lingo.... especially if you're moving at the speed of heat..... (is that old school cold warrior terminology still being used today....??)

Check your sarcasm meter..... Don't worry about my kids.....

Last edited:
Deuce130 said:
Rez - what is it agains the AF??? I can understand a little friendy rivalry but your profile doesn't seem to indicate any Navy experience. You seem to have it pretty hard up against the men in blue. What's the deal? Get turned down at the recruiter? Live near an AF base? Ex-boyfriend an Eagle driver? What gives??

Grew up Navy.... Watched Dad do all the cool stuff......

Didn't realize the AF guys were so sensitive.... Did they run out of vagisil at AAFES?

I watched my Dad (and Grandad) do all the cool USAF fighter stuff. Of course, I didn't actually feel qualified to run my mouth about it until I actually did it, too.

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Cool lingo.... especially if you're moving at the speed of heat..... (is that old school cold warrior terminology still being used today....??)

Check your sarcasm meter..... Don't worry about my kids.....

Actually, I prefer mach snot...which means diddly in what I fly.

Was hoping that was an attempt at sarcasm...hard to tell.

Here's half your problem - ( - and here's the other half - ).

MAGNUM!! said:
I watched my Dad (and Grandad) do all the cool USAF fighter stuff. Of course, I didn't actually feel qualified to run my mouth about it until I actually did it, too.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Last edited by a moderator:
MAGNUM!! said:

Sarcasm OFF

Good natured fun OFF

Gloves ON.......

I never said I did it...... Magnum. (is that your call sign??)

Nothing worst than a group of slicker than snail snot military pilots stroking each other....

I've been around the self inflated ego's long enough. Love dealing with it (still) at the airline. Nothing cooler than using a guys call sign at the airline. Flying tactical or strategic jets is nothing training can't address. (hint: you are nothing special..just really well trained) We know you're great, you know you're wonderful. The ego/self confidence is needed on the battlefield... leave it there....

Loved the juicy journalism just after 9/11, where the Guard fighter pilot flying CAP stroked himslef on National News claiming he'd hate to shoot down an airliner but if he had to do it..then so be it... A real American Hero. How cocky (and stupid) do you have to be to say that on National TV? Or the KC-tanker guy that said airline flying was just bus driving. Thanks for disrespecting all 100,000 of us.... Sure pal, flying a 707 in circles is better. You'd think the CO would have to instruct the PR Officer......

The 'defending your freedom so you can vote' mantra is another nail. This a volunteer military. Don't sign up, go to battle, then look for semi Jesus Christ sacrficial status. You asked you to go.

Bombing neighborhoods, I mean targets, isn't exactly glorious either.....

Man, I am all for supporting the military, but it seems I don't need to when you guys are giving yourself all the support you need.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back