• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where was ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
your saying alpo applied the pressure? Show me proof.

RV

No, it was the management defending the pilots. No, wait -it was the flight attendants, no the FAA!!

Who do you think it was?

Get a clue - noone else is on your side. If you don't like the job they are doing improve on it.

Sully is USAPA.... this is USAPA's sandbox....

Why aren't you asking where USAPA is? Should not USAPA be taking advantage of this....

So typical... blaming ALPA when they weren't at the party.....

If ALPA did jump on this PR parade, you would probably be chiding ALPA for trying to steal glory...

But hey its ok.... No one expects to win with haters....

Anything else?

RTFQ, Rez. I said ALL the unions were AWOL.

PCL--The public IS our audience. What has Congress done lately? $100k for a USA Today article? That doesn't even get you 15 min. with the junior Sen. from Indiana. (Who, BTW, is married to a woman sitting on F500 BOD's who can outspend the airline unions 100-to-1.)

The public is our only option now.

I've always claimed that the union leaders are only concerned with their continued participation in the D.C. cocktail circuit.

Prove me wrong.

TC

PCL--The public IS our audience. What has Congress done lately? $100k for a USA Today article? That doesn't even get you 15 min. with the junior Sen. from Indiana. (Who, BTW, is married to a woman sitting on F500 BOD's who can outspend the airline unions 100-to-1.)

The public is our only option now.

Do you really think the public cares? Do you really think spending big $$ on a public ad campaign is going to get the public behind a UAL 777 F/O, for example, pulling in 6 figures when "the public" is taking pay cuts, wage freezes, and are very concerned about their current jobs? People making 6 figure salaries (or close to it) don't get much sympathy in the general public. It's a waste of time and money I think.

Further, even if ALPA started such an ad campaign, probably costing millions of dollars if it was done right, how long do you think it would be before countless threads are started about how ALPA is wasting dues money on USA Today ads? Before our reps are getting tons of phone calls from tirading pilots threatening to leave ALPA if they don't stop wasting their money? Do you think, a guy like Glenn Tilton, with his track record and hatred of our pilot group, is going to cave when our contract becomes ammendable in DEC '09 because of public pressure? I wish.

I've always claimed that the union leaders are only concerned with their continued participation in the D.C. cocktail circuit.

Prove me wrong.

TC

What is he supposed to do to "prove you wrong?" Should he get Prater to call you up and say, "I'm not concerned with continued participation in the D.C. cocktail circuit?" Give me a break. Even if you received such a phone call, you'd probably just say he was lying to you. You hate ALPA, you love taking jabs at us, and nothing will change that.

Well said, ualdriver. Some of these guys just don't get it.

Latest resources

Back