Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are 3200 pilots at my "new airline" that don't get it either.....:(

PHXFLYR:cool:

Don't worry, PHXFLYR, it's just a waiting game with the Easties. They'll be dying off soon, and then they'll be the minority. Then they'll get to see what it's like to be on the wrong side of tyranny of the majority.

Ok. Guess I'm wrong.

So is AFSCME, SEIU, UAW... I see their ads all the time.

The public flies. The public is scared $h!tless of flying. They REALLY hope we have our stuff together. We can influence them.

But let's just keep the status quo and continue to come here complaining about lack of participation in the union and the ATA being so effective as a lobbying group for the airlines.

Enjoy.

TC

your saying alpo applied the pressure? Show me proof.

That's what the ALPA reps do at the daily IIC meeting...defend the pilots interests in the interpretation of the evidence.

Too bad you don't know how the nuts and bolts of accident investigations work.

Ok. Guess I'm wrong.

So is AFSCME, SEIU, UAW... I see their ads all the time.

TC

You kind of make my point with the above statements. You say that the AFSCME and the SEIU advertise. You see their ads "all the time," which means they must spend some serious $$ on advertising.

What percentage of the pilots on this forum even know what the AFSCME and the SEIU do or who they are, despite the advertisements you see "all the time?" What percentage of the pilots on this forum know each of the above mentioned organizations agenda despite the advertisements you see "all the time?" What percentage of the pilots on this forum even care about either of those organizations? What percentage of the pilots on this forum would care if the above groups were in contract negotiations and were demanding pay raises?

And pilots, as a group, are probably more educated and better read than the overall population and I bet 99% of the guys on this forum don't know or care about those organizations, despite all the advertising you claim they do. At least from my viewpoint, they don't seem like very effective dollars spent. I hope ALPA doesn't go down that same road.

And let's not get started on the UAW. Right or wrong, they could spend millions and millions and I doubt they'd garner much sympathy from the public.

How about keeping the info from hitting the street to being with? Why be REACTIVE when PROACTIVE works so much better.

How many news outlets recalled their comments? Already out there....too little too late.

Man, I hope the AmWest guys see justice before then!

Justice??? No credit for anytime spent on the property before furlough is justice. Chances are we are flying with the same f/o's at UAL ask them how they would feel about that, especially the ones that are going out the door for the second time. There are two sides to every story.

The dog food? No, I'm saying that ALPA, the pilots' union, applied the pressure. You can believe it or not, but it's the truth.

I have to agree with PCL here I am not a big ALPA supporter but a few years back I was involved in an investigation on the systems group (5481). Without the advisers and help of ALPA national the investigation would have been a disaster. ALPA made sure that the crew was represented and defended them vigorously from the day of the accident right through to the hearing and final report. While those who were at fault wanted to deflect blame onto the crew. I can guarantee from experience that ALPA reps are in Buffalo and DC representing those crewmembers very aggressively.

Well at least the public and the airlines are even...the public does not care about the airlines and the airlines don't care about the public.

even steven....

No so fast little boy

PCL,
I am an "Eastie". I am not dying off anytime soon. If that is your desire, please let me know the time and place and I will be happy to meet with you. BTW, when many of us were walking the picket line, working at alpa headquarters, looking for work to support our families, etc, etc, you were in grade school (6 years old), mostly likely trying to figure out how not to wet your pants when the playground big boys picked on you. I would suggest that you get a real life and quit living in some fantasy world (ie Flightinfo.com, 9500+ posts). There is much more to life than your single-minded notion that alpa is the savior of the the airline industry.
Just my thoughts.

Latest resources

Back