Where Is The Worst Place You Worked?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Justino said:
Flying for Naomi Nierenberg out of PrincetonAirport- 39N. She treated us CFI's like dogs. Had to even pick her car up from the gas station, drive her friends to Trenton, 1/2 hr away, watch as the 100 hour inspections were just compression checks, Be parking lot attendants for her parties. What’s even worse then that. Getting paid 200 bucks a week for working from 8am to sunset 6 days a week and could not go to lunch with other CFI's since she did not want us to socialize. No radio in our office area just books. In the back room, where we had our desks there was little heat and no AC. Additionally, they had a few cats and the little box was kept in the back next to our desks. So not only did I have the smell of cat crap near me all the time, pieces of litter where often found on our desks and one guy had urine in his flight bag. O I can't forget then when we would go upfront, she or her son would say: "go back to your room, you have no business being up front"

The worst part was how she would use us and try to turn us on each other for multitime, but it never worked. To get the whole idea of what we went through listen to this. One of our very close CFI friends that worked with us was killed in a car accident during the first few months I worked their. The morning of she called all of us and said we had to come to work and fly. Upon coming to work, distraught and all, she took us into her office and said that she never got along with the CFI that was killed and she was happy that he did not die in "one of her airplanes".

Sad way to break into the aviation world. So sad that people like her are around.

That was my worst job ever......It only gets better from here!

P.S. If you know her then you know what I mean!
LearLove said:
"Flying for Naomi Nierenberg out of PrincetonAirport"

I took one look at that place, including her and ran far away very very fast. I haven't met one person associated in any way with 39N that doen't hate her.
Justino said:
Yes She is the old one and the son now is driving the HumV into planes. Not a joke either.
cp13 said:
I too worked for that person that I wouldn't pee on if she was on fire. She treated us CFI's like garbage. She would constantly belittle us in front of customers and I personally had two engine failures during my year as a flight instructor there. If I can give any advice to anybody it is STAY AWAY FROM 39N.
site41 said:
**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** straight Justino.... 39November is by far one of the worst flying jobs for flight instructor's out there.... If you like to shovel snow in the winter time with no medical insurance and then get paid peanuts for doing so go sign up at www.princetonairport.com. The old lady there is a witch or take out the W and put a B there.... the old man is made out of plastic parts and the son is a crackhead....
Prop2Jet said:
Opps I forgot: PRINCETON AIRPORT SUCKS!
Prop2Jet said:
ahhahha, their reputation is very bad! For students its ok but to work their.... ahhhhhh thats the difference.

You think its just me too huhh...... I will say this though, Dick is and was very nice and has never been condesending to me. He always was respectful, and fun. As was I in return.

Last edited:
Worst job I ever had: American Airlines
First, they entice me to turn down another job at an LCC.
Then, they tell me I've made the big time and will retire as a millionaire.
Then, they furlough me for ten years with no benefits.

Kinda like getting to third base with the prom queen and not closing escrow. Then she says: "You can have me, but you have to wait ten years." By the time you finally do it, she is older, wrinkly and has gained 20 pounds. Not quite the same thing.

Second Worse Job:
When I was in college, I used to mow grass at Carswell AFB in the summer. The temperature was 100+ degrees everyday. It was a hot, grubby and disgusting job, but at least I got a steady paycheck. One summer, I had to cut down a bunch of trees with a chainsaw. They would drive me to the far side of the base - away from any other people - and leave me alone to work all day with a chainsaw. If something went wrong, I had a walkie-talkie so I could call for help. Thank God I never cut myself or I would have bled to death. OSHA, what's that?

Worst: aa

Reason: the people. Everyone hates everyone else there, very disfunctional and negative enviroment.

Big Slick said:
Worst job I ever had: American Airlines
First, they entice me to turn down another job at an LCC.

Get over yourself dude.

AA didnt' entice you to do anything. YOU turned down a LCC to come to AA. AA didn't force you to do anything. As of right now it looks like you made the wrong choice, but things can change quickly in the aviation industry. Todays LCC that is King of the Hill could be tommorrow's bankrupt carrier.

I met a guy during newhire training that left Southwest to come to AA. He is now furloughed. I guess that was AA's fault too. :rolleyes:

Big Stick said:
Then, they tell me I've made the big time and will retire as a millionaire.

I was told I would retire with $4 million in todays dollars. That was pre-9/11 and no one could predict the perfect storm that was going to engulf the airlines. I guess it is AA's fault that they dont have a crystal ball and can't predict the future.

Big Stick said:
Then, they furlough me for ten years with no benefits.

You have been furloughed for less than 5 years and no where near ten.

And BENEFITS? You want freaking benefits? You were furloughed from AA as a way to reduce costs since an overmanning situation existed. Why in the hell would the company give you benefits to increase their expenses? Are you high?

You have no idea what a bad civilian job is. I guess the entitlement mentality is alive and well these days.

pylut said:
Worst: aa

Reason: the people. Everyone hates everyone else there, very disfunctional and negative enviroment.

While I had my "run in's" from time to time with less than friendly people it was few and far between. Every big company has their jerks and AA is no exception, but to say everyone at AA hates everyone else is just flat out wrong.

Havent had a bad aviation job yet, actually a great entry level job. The only bad job I had was an office runner for a law firm. Being cooped up in an office all day with a 13th floor window staring at downtown airport all day was killer. I only lasted 2 weeks but realized that I will NEVER be in an office for the rest of my days. Then again, I find myself in an office a lot now but theres a nice picture window next to the runway. And they pay me to leave it and fly.

Calm down everyone, I was just kidding around. Gee wiz. People really get spun up on this board.

I still plan to go back to AA someday. And I will just be happy to finally be there when I do. Whether I make a zillion dollars or not, it still sounds like a great job.

Wanna know a really crappy job? Line IP in the T-37 for 5 years. After that, nothing seems too bad.

I avoid jumpseating on AA because the GATE AGENTS ARE NAZIS! The crews and everyone else has been great but almost every time I have been on AA, the gate agent is a nazi.

Latest resources

Back