• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where Is The Worst Place You Worked?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been very blessed. I've never had a really BAD job. When I worked for MESA, I didn't make much, but the airplanes were new, the people were good and the schedules were ok.
I flew a corporate Lear for one very rich man. The airplane was fine, the pay was almost acceptable, but the schedule left just a little to be desired. Still, it was not a BAD job.

My closest brush with a truly BAD job would have to have been with Sunrise Airlines in 99 when they were a start-up. Not one person in OPS management (I kid you not) was able to gain FAA recognition for his job. The CP, DO, etc were all given tentative approval during the start-up phase of operations. The CP was a nice guy, heck he hired me, but he was unable to get the FAA to give him permanent approval. The same story goes for the DO, etc. The general manager only previous aviation experience seemed to be that he was an aviation consultant for some insurance company. etc., etc., etc. But they weren't bad people, just basically incompotent.

Now, at Spirit, I get to fly old, but well maintained, Maddogs. My co-workers are first rate, and the pay is pretty good for this ex-grease monkey.

Matter of fact, I've never had a bad job. Period.

Life is what you make of it boys. enjoy.

enigma

I worked as a bouncer in my college/cfi /pt135 days. Two of the bars I worked were great. College bars with lots of gals and lots of beer. However a buddy opened his own place and lured me in. This joint was supposed to be a college bar but turned out to be anything but. Just a bunch of townie scum in northwestern Rochester. I saw more fights in 1 month there than in 4 years of the other places combined. Nasty brawls where assorted weapons were not uncommon. Since the only reason I did this was for social reasons ( sure wasn't makin much money) I told my buddy I'm sorry but this ain't gonna work. He ended up getting sick of it too, and sold out a year later.

Never had a bad job. My first job in the Air Force had no windows and a bunch of chain smokers, but I still can't complain.

Ifl

After Zantop went tips up, I was hired as a Captain on the CV-580 at IFL. After ground school I was told we don't need any pilots right now, but we will pay you $250 week to ride the jump seat, fly on the 91 legs, load freight and learn the business. My whole class quit within a month. I loved flying the CV-580 and the guys I flew with were great. But it is hard to live on $250.wk

Justino said:
Flying for Naomi Nierenberg out of PrincetonAirport- 39N.
Is she the one in her mid 50s, dark hair, thin? The son is the one running the show and driving a Hummie?

Princeton airport was the worst

I too worked for that person that I wouldn't pee on if she was on fire. She treated us CFI's like garbage. She would constantly belittle us in front of customers and I personally had two engine failures during my year as a flight instructor there. If I can give any advice to anybody it is STAY AWAY FROM 39N.

Pretty easy. Worked for a corporate operator flying Citations over 10 years ago. They are now in TOL. 3 captains who all hated each other, and 3 of us FO's. Found out after a month there that they had gone through 27 FO's in 8 years. One captain wanted any dirt on trips flown with the other 2, the CP had altitude bust problems, etc. Gladly left there and -ran- back to my 135 job.

I worked for a prostitute in Ny. I never really got a paycheck, and she always stole my wallet.

What a witch!

Justino said:
Yes She is the old one and the son now is driving the HumV into planes. Not a joke either.
That woman sounds like pure evil.... How could somebody like that live with themself?

Worst job ever? Cleaning puke and blood and dodging rats and fruit-flys at this awful honky-tonk type bar when I was 13yrs old. Quit that job by throwing a bag of garbage at the owner, yelling at him to F**K his job and walking off into the dusk evening during a gentle snow flurry. That felt GREAT!!! Never had to quit like that since. Happiest realization? Graduating college, getting my first job and realizing that nobody would expect me to clean the toilets!! That felt GREAT too!!

Only had two flying jobs, and I can't complain (ALL CFIs are exploited, so why complain?). I work at the best place at my field, and they at least care about safety and pay us better than some.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back