Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Where in the carolina's would you retire?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've got a piece of property on a place called Pine Mountain. It's just outside of Morganton, NC. With any luck, I'll be able to build a fairly well-appointed cabin there over the next 20 years or so. Retiring to North Carolina is a great idea...

Thanks for all the responses. I live in Michigan and love northern Michigan for it's boating and carribean
colored waters. The grand plan is to be a snow bird and go back and forth. At first, we thought Florida would be where we'd spend our winters. But the buzz
seems to be that the Carolina's are booming and it's the place to be. I guess we'll have to plan a trip and
check out: Georgetown, Lake Murray, Caswell beach, Charleston, Boone, Hickory and Pine mountain. We've been to Ashville and liked it but it seems pretty pricey. Keep them coming. Thanks again.

Hopaling,

Don't rule out Florida just yet. I live in the Sarasota/Bradenton area and the property deals for new houses is unbelievably low right now. My property and school taxes on my house are a third of what I was paying for a condo in New Jersey. No state income tax, either. Good weather, awesome beaches/boating, great housing deals and low taxes -- does it get any better?

We have had a place in Sunset Beach N.C since 1983.

Houses out on the Island have gotten expensive, but lots of good deals on shore. In my opinion some of the condo's on the golf courses are a steal.

Fayettenam

Fayetteville, Nice places, easy to get to, good prices, low cost of living. If I could have found another job there, I woud have never left.

Last edited:
How about Georgetown SC. It is a small fishing town located just north of Charleston. If I had the ability I would be there right now.

Pleeze!! Don't anyone come to Georgetown. Moved here from Lake Murray 'cause boat traffic on weekends is like I-95. Santee River (South of G'Town) is quiet and reaches the Atlantic.

Just kidding, come on down and see us, y'hear!

used to be nice

Wilmington
It has gotten real expensive and the traffic is horrible, but the scenery on the beach at Wrightsville is still worth viewing. Used to live on Eastwood Blvd a 10 minute bike ride from the beach back in the early 90's at that time ILM was a great place.

Think twice before moving to NC. Taxes are terrible, and if your from the north and you live in a smaller town, your not welcome. I lived all over the country and NC was the worst experience that I have ever had. I see you live in the Midwest..people in the midwest were the best. Southern hospitality is for those who are born and raised there. I am not alone..many of my co-workers had the same experience and moved out as well.

Latest resources

Back